Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 7, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #4,068 of 7,919
Hello guys

After reading most of this thread I want to get an Effect Audio cable to upgrade from a stock cable, but I’m not sure which one to get. My current on the go set up is:

Cayin N6ii >> Stock Cable >> Shure SE846

Initially I liked the impressions given on this thread of the Eros II, but the more I read about cables I also became aware of the Thor Silver II and the Lionheart which also interested me. I also noticed the Ares II+ and the Eros II+ (My budget would be approx. £450 / $540 for a cable)

I am conscious that both the Cayin N6ii and the SE846 are on the warm side and so I’m not sure what to go for in terms of silver, copper, hybrid etc. Does anyone have an opinion on which cable of the ones mentioned might suit given my gear? In terms of sound signature, I like a bit of warmth, some good bass, clear mids and largish soundstage. I am a little sensitive to high treble hence the DAP and IEM I currently own.

Second question – I can see that the cables come in both 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm standard. Is there a better option between the two for improved sound or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help!

Nov 7, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #4,069 of 7,919
Hello guys

After reading most of this thread I want to get an Effect Audio cable to upgrade from a stock cable, but I’m not sure which one to get. My current on the go set up is:

Cayin N6ii >> Stock Cable >> Shure SE846

Initially I liked the impressions given on this thread of the Eros II, but the more I read about cables I also became aware of the Thor Silver II and the Lionheart which also interested me. I also noticed the Ares II+ and the Eros II+ (My budget would be approx. £450 / $540 for a cable)

I am conscious that both the Cayin N6ii and the SE846 are on the warm side and so I’m not sure what to go for in terms of silver, copper, hybrid etc. Does anyone have an opinion on which cable of the ones mentioned might suit given my gear? In terms of sound signature, I like a bit of warmth, some good bass, clear mids and largish soundstage. I am a little sensitive to high treble hence the DAP and IEM I currently own.

Second question – I can see that the cables come in both 2.5mm balanced and 3.5mm standard. Is there a better option between the two for improved sound or does it not matter?

Thanks for your help!

I would invest the new IEMs/CIEMs and get an affordable cable like the new Vogue Grandioso ($199) which sounds exceptionally good with my EE Phantom and Spartan (well I like Maestro paired up with Spartan).

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #4,072 of 7,919
fb主图.jpg

What up everyone!! The wait is finally over!! We are excited to officially present to you our newest flagship - Code 51.
This time, Effect Audio’s newly launched flagship hasn’t been named after a mythological deity, but instead has a less explicit way of announcing its debut: Code 51 (five-one), a cumulation of ten years of research and innovation in cable technology and material science.

渲染图fb.jpg

In addition to our consistent selection of premium UP-OCC (Ultra-Purity Ohno Continuous Cast) materials,
Code 51 - the new flagship of “Effect Audio” - features a revolutionary hybrid combination of three advanced and exclusive core elements: Gold Plated Silver, Silver-Gold Alloy and Palladium Plated Silver (PPS), benefiting from the finest materials and cutting-edge technologies that the current market can offer.

技术精髓fb.jpg

Adopting 24AWG wires instead of 26, is a rare scene in EA’s material selection. After studying the hi-fi market and audiophiles’ current pursuing, 24AWG wire is capable to fulfil the market by incarnating a higher level of sound performance and wires appearance. The diameter of 24AWG 4 wires increases merely 30% yet it boosts up the sound quality for almost 80%.

产品照片fb.jpg

With an ingenious Titanium-crafted Y-split, adding to the futuristic image of the new flagship cable, Code 51 will undoubtedly prove an irresistible lure to savvy audiophiles. In terms of aesthetics, the sculptured design features an asymmetrical appearance with beveled lateral parts, that shimmers with an ever-changing array of reflections when exposed to light.

For more informations, please visit our website at https://www.effectaudio.com/ or you can visit our authorised dealers to find out more. Alternatively, you can reach us via e-mail at info@effectaudio.com

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:52 AM Post #4,073 of 7,919
IMG_20191108_141922.jpg

The LeoII Octa is such a beast cable that pushes your earphones to the limited. Squeezing every drop of micro-detail from my music.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #4,075 of 7,919

The LeoII Octa is such a beast cable that pushes your earphones to the limited. Squeezing every drop of micro-detail from my music.
It is an incredible cable. Which case is that?

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #4,076 of 7,919
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #4,078 of 7,919
“The diameter of 24AWG 4 wires increases merely 30% yet it boosts up the sound quality for almost 80%.

Oh no... (continuous cast)
To be honest I don’t know about making cables but this is not true.
Simple way to understand is the thinner (smaller) the cable the bigger number in size the less resistance (ohm)...:wink:

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #4,079 of 7,919
Uh, $2400; I can only chase the cable magic so far before I start questioning my own sanity. Good luck fun seekers!

Nov 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #4,080 of 7,919
Uh, $2400; I can only chase the cable magic so far before I start questioning my own sanity. Good luck fun seekers!

I’m with you, need to draw the line somewhere and sadly for me it is beneath this cable :frowning2: Besides, do I even have an IEM worthy of this?

But maybe Horus will get cheaper? Here’s to hoping!

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back