Effect Audio cables thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #4,082 of 7,901
To be honest I don’t know about making cables but this is not true.
Simple way to understand is the thinner (smaller) the cable the bigger number in size the less resistance (ohm)...:wink:

Across most of our series, The 26 AWG had always been the staple gauge size for most of our products, Therefore after extensive research from our engineering team, we've decided to use a slightly thicker cable dimension for the "Code 51" to enhance the sound projection and transmitting more details than ever before :sunglasses:

Nov 11, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #4,084 of 7,901
is code51 a much less expensive version of the hk-dxa anniversary version with exactly the same cable material with fewer cosmetic packing and extra accessories?

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #4,085 of 7,901
Uh, $2400; I can only chase the cable magic so far before I start questioning my own sanity. Good luck fun seekers!

I’m with you, need to draw the line somewhere and sadly for me it is beneath this cable :frowning2: Besides, do I even have an IEM worthy of this?

But maybe Horus will get cheaper? Here’s to hoping!

-Collin-

Come on guys it only $2400 why stop now let chase that end game cable and keep buying and see how far they will try to jack up the price:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:, let stop when they charge $10k for the cable

Nov 11, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #4,086 of 7,901
is code51 a much less expensive version of the hk-dxa anniversary version with exactly the same cable material with fewer cosmetic packing and extra accessories?

@choisan , If you're referring to the DMA X Hades cable, then both cables are using different materials, materials and geometry used to construct the "Code 51" are more refined.

Nov 11, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #4,087 of 7,901
then code 51 is better value than the hades, which almost costs US$4000.
i should consider code 51 instead of hades, right?

Nov 12, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #4,088 of 7,901
@choisan Hi bro, DMA X Effect audio "Hades" is a one of a kind limited edition cable exclusive to DMA Hong kong only. It really depends on which sound signature appeals to you more before you decide to make a purchase. In terms of technology, Materials and geometry, the build intended for Code 51 will definitely be more refined. I love the "Hades" cable but i am more incline towards sound projection of the 51!:wink:

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #4,089 of 7,901
@Paul, I sent you a PM, but I'm posting my question here for those interested in the Code51.

You mentioned the possibility of an audition of the. Code51. Aside from trade shows, will this be possible through EA dealers or maybe a tour?

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #4,090 of 7,901
@Paul, I sent you a PM, but I'm posting my question here for those interested in the Code51.

You mentioned the possibility of an audition of the. Code51. Aside from trade shows, will this be possible through EA dealers or maybe a tour?

Hi @edwardsean , Thank you so much you interest bro! Currently an audition are available through our authorised dealers who carries the 51 only, But we might explore the idea of a tour too! :sunglasses:

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #4,091 of 7,901
I bought an EA 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter back in March/April and this wouldn't work properly with any of my cables, which were mainly EA cables as well.

I returned it, received a replacement, but the same issue, so I was then given a V2 and it did work fine for a week or so, then the same cutting in and out issue happened again, although to a lesser extent than the V1,so I have just left it since April, untouched.

I'm now having a long wait for the UK retailer to come back to me.

I've since bought an iBasso CA02, which works flawlessly, although not the same quality.

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #4,093 of 7,901
Broke open the steel box that is the 16 driver King Arthur and their new Caliburn cable recently. Feature is up!

https://headfonics.com/2019/11/effect-audio-king-arthur-first-contact/

DSC05493-1.jpg

Nov 16, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #4,094 of 7,901
I have come back from my audion of the new ee cables, but sadly the store didn't have the code 51 yet. I, however, did compare the new bespoke series. Writing isnt my finest skill so I will leave a brief first impression and comparison from my notes. All listening was done with my A18t through lpgt and ba300s

Cleo Leo: Tight and slightly lean bass, very well controlled and fast. The mids had some added body(compared to 4 wire versions), but the cable overall was on the brighter side. The stage was very wide, but the presentation was closer up, slightly flat. I would find this cable a good match with thicker iems with a good amount of bass. I can see it matching well with JH layla.

Cleo Horus: Has looser but added sub rumble compared to Cleo Leo, slightly less body with a slight peak in the upper midrange. The highs were very sparkly, yet soft, which reminded me of the 4 wire horus. The stage was not as wide but much deeper, sitting further away from the stage. the cable overall had a slight v shape signature with a very refined top end. It would match well with iems with a slight veil on female vocals.

Leo Horus: Has similar bass and treble characteristics of the Cleo Horus. However, the Leo Horus had more body and no upper mid peak. It had a more neutral and natural presentation while keeping the refined highs of the horus. It matched very well with my A18 which could benefit from the added sub bass and body.

The new 8 wire bespoke versions fill up the spectrum of signatures, making it easier to find the perfect pairing for your iem. For me, the horus was the king of treble but lacked body, which i needed with my A18t. The Leo Horus by adding body to the horus makes a perfect pairing with the U18.

Now, I wonder what code 51 will bring to the table.

Feel free to PM me about more details :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back