Effect Audio cables thread
Mar 25, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #302 of 7,919
Mar 29, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #304 of 7,919
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #305 of 7,919
Super cool! We need more competition in the cable industry and given the level of quality it looks like you guys are employing, this is great news!

I bet if cable makers halved their prices they would triple their sales.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #306 of 7,919
Hi effect audio
Presently I am using cayin dap N5 and amp c5. I am using jvc fw 01.
Would appreciate if you can recommend cable for the earphones.
I also have an lcd2 but need to replace the ear pads as it came off I use the ifi icanse to drive the lcd2.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #307 of 7,919
is anyone able to compare the Thor silver, Eros 2 and ares 2 plus? I have a campfire andromeda and want to try balanced with my fiio x5 III.

I'm not really a believer in cable changes but I do like cables that are good for portable use (not too thick) and without memory wire. The stock cable had the wire which gets in the way of my glasses. I would like to know what differences from a sound perspective so I could compare the differences to the stock cable if any.

Apr 2, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #308 of 7,919
is anyone able to compare the Thor silver, Eros 2 and ares 2 plus? I have a campfire andromeda and want to try balanced with my fiio x5 III.

I'm not really a believer in cable changes but I do like cables that are good for portable use (not too thick) and without memory wire. The stock cable had the wire which gets in the way of my glasses. I would like to know what differences from a sound perspective so I could compare the differences to the stock cable if any.

If you do not want a thick cable, get the Ares II, because the Ares II + is much thicker!

I own the Ares II and I can tell you that it brings more heat to the music, it leaves the hottest midfields, the most impact and extension for the bass and a little more extension in the trebles. The cable really does not effect memory and is quite comfortable to use. Choose the split Y "EA Carbon Fiber Y-Split (MIni)", this being the best option.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #309 of 7,919
5fd5998feb83f4eb82f999cf5b8f93f1.jpg

Effect Audio Silver Thor ii+ cable, iBasso DX200 and Campfire Andromeda

*Review is nearly finished

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #311 of 7,919
28f0b44a95e385955992985a1cccbf23.jpg

I have indeed.

Silver typically increases the lows and the highs to summarize in a basic form.

It all depends on what you want to change about the Vegas signature, dap you are using and after exhausting possible tip solutions.

Imho.

I think Effect audio would be able to give you best advice as they know the capabilities of their range of cables intimately.

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #312 of 7,919
EffectAudio

If we order a new cable will we get the Metal MMCX that is on ExpatinJapan's cable?

TBH, Being an ex-demo Leonidas i got from MS, one of my mmcx outer case cracked and dropped off, i managed to stick back using plastic modeling glue.

Apr 3, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #313 of 7,919

If you do not want a thick cable, get the Ares II, because the Ares II + is much thicker!

I own the Ares II and I can tell you that it brings more heat to the music, it leaves the hottest midfields, the most impact and extension for the bass and a little more extension in the trebles. The cable really does not effect memory and is quite comfortable to use. Choose the split Y "EA Carbon Fiber Y-Split (MIni)", this being the best option.

I have the Ares 2+ and Agee with @Vitor Valerie. The copper certainly warms things up. I've found that it needs a reasonably articulate set of IEMs, otersiee we wind up with a but too much "smoothness/musicality/warmth" (insert preferred phrase) when combined with the already smooth/warm X5iii. I'm using the Ares 2+ balanced with either Earsonics Velvets or Cosmic Ears CE6P. Both sound about right.

I usually go for a silver / copper mix from Effect Audio, which is my preferred sound signature, but the Ares 2+ has such great depth and warm lower mods that I miss them when I switch. So it's really a mood thing.

Going to try one of their newest cables and see where we get to.

Apr 3, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #315 of 7,919
Just tried my first EA cable, a silver / copper mix (Eros?) with balanced connector, with the FiiO X5iii. It sounds amazing - has really opened up the sound due to putting some brightness back (but not too much) compared to the Ares II+.
PS: Using Earsonics Velvet IEM.
The instruments are really popping out on guitar-based music (e.g. Bonnie Raitt's album 'Dig In Deep' or D*A*D's Greatesy Hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back