Effect Audio cables thread
Feb 15, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #1,516 of 7,925
Hi guys
New to the whole iem cables gig. Just wondering what would be the main differences in sound between the ares ii and Eros ii? Would the ares present a much warmer tone than the eros? Hoping to buy and pair one of those cables with a CA Fibae 3 I'm ordering! Having quite some trouble deciding. Any opinions or other suggestions would be amazing. Also since i live in au. It seems impossible to demo them...
What @kubig123 said. Ares II is a warmer cable by comparison, whereas Eros II is "uncoloured" and I felt it did well for vocals, but it indeed depends on your preferences and the synergy with FIBAE 3. Perhaps @ostewart can chime in because he has FIBAE 3 as well as both cables and I believe he loves the pairing with Eros II.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #1,517 of 7,925
What @kubig123 said. Ares II is a warmer cable by comparison, whereas Eros II is "uncoloured" and I felt it did well for vocals, but it indeed depends on your preferences and the synergy with FIBAE 3. Perhaps @ostewart can chime in because he has FIBAE 3 as well as both cables and I believe he loves the pairing with Eros II.

Right now, I'm using the F3 with the Eros ll+ and I really like the overall sound lot of details nice punch great sound stage, the ares ll+, another of my favorite with the F3, brings forward the mid and bass, male and female voices are amazing.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #1,518 of 7,925
Right now, I'm using the F3 with the Eros ll+ and I really like the overall sound lot of details nice punch great sound stage, the ares ll+, another of my favorite with the F3, brings forward the mid and bass, male and female voices are amazing.
Very nice, thanks for sharing! Didn't realise you had Eros II as well.

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #1,519 of 7,925
Very nice, thanks for sharing! Didn't realise you had Eros II as well.

Well, I really didn't need another cable(s) but when Music Sanctuary stopped their partnership with EA I bought few cables for half the price, today I should received the eros with 8 wire, I'm really curious to compare it with the regular eros!

Feb 15, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,520 of 7,925
Well, I really didn't need another cable(s) but when Music Sanctuary stopped their partnership with EA I bought few cables for half the price, today I should received the eros with 8 wire, I'm really curious to compare it with the regular eros!
Oh very nice! Do share your thoughts!

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:19 AM Post #1,522 of 7,925

Yep I mirror what @kubig123 has already said,

This is for a write up for where I work:

"The Ares II is a lively and fun cable, the lows still have great impact and are full but well controlled and not over the top. The midrange retains clarity and is not overshadowed by the slight increase in bass fullness. Where the Ares II goes against the typical copper sound is in the upper midrange/lower treble section, where it injects a little extra spakle and presence.
This makes this cable well detailed, but also fun and engaging to listen to. It pairs well with multiple IEM's and if you are looking to get into the world of custom cables, the Ares II is the perfect place to start.

The Eros II paints quite a different picture, it leans towards the neutral side of sound and doesn't go in to change anything drastic about the sound signature. What the Eros II does is increase the air between instruments, adding an extra layer of separation and allows the finer details to shine through. The Eros II does add a tiny bit of presence in the treble, but it is not what I would consider a brighter sounding cable. The Eros II is clear, transparent and refined with excellent soundstaging."

Feb 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #1,523 of 7,925
27913154_10156125274922236_5841155818213060003_o.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #1,524 of 7,925
I can "sense" a silver-grayish color cable from Effect Audio. But not silver plated (as they have thor copper), not gold plated either (as they have Mars). :wink: It would be another Legendary cable.
Are you referring to whatever it is that Effect Audio are bringing to NYC?

Feb 15, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #1,525 of 7,925
I can "sense" a silver-grayish color cable from Effect Audio. But not silver plated (as they have thor copper), not gold plated either (as they have Mars). :wink: It would be another Legendary cable.

I have an idea of what you’re talking about and it will - indeed - be something quite unusual. :wink:

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #1,529 of 7,925
So the btg starlight cable is going out on my Apollo X and I'm passed the warranty period.
I've been looking into the Ares II, II+ and the Eros II
I love the Apollos signature and wouldn't want to change much but I would like some more sub bass. It has a neutral/balanced signature already and I'm leaning towards the Eros II to extend the depths. What would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #1,530 of 7,925
So the btg starlight cable is going out on my Apollo X and I'm passed the warranty period.
I've been looking into the Ares II, II+ and the Eros II
I love the Apollos signature and wouldn't want to change much but I would like some more sub bass. It has a neutral/balanced signature already and I'm leaning towards the Eros II to extend the depths. What would you guys recommend?

Yes, if you don't want to add an more bass, then the eros is your cable, with the eros ll+ you have a slightly increase of soundstage, but it's more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back