Effect Audio "Ares II" & "Ares II+" Boutique Premium IEM Upgrade Cables Giveaway!!
Nov 8, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #16 of 93
used to have ciem to use with, heard of effect audio from canjam singapore

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #18 of 93
Liked on FB.
Current IEM is Campfire Nova. 
I do not own any Effect Audio cables, but I am interested in them. 
Found out about you guys when looking for affordable entry level cables. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #19 of 93
I already following Instagram
I already following Facebook

I've Effect Audio Eros cable and I am using with Earsonics S-EM9.

I've heard from Head-Fi.

Cable looks beautiful and it feels solid and premium.

Here is the some little sound impressions;

Treble : The highs really energetic, airy and lively. The details are excellent, especially compare with stock cable. Instrument seperations is really noticed. When I listened AC/DC I can hear lots of details of the tracks. Treble is the best part of S-EM9 and now better with the Eros.

Mid : Mid section is a little bit forward and thicker. Actually I am really happy with mid forward presentation becauseı it makes feel more emotional. Men vocals a little bit bolder but women vocal is the best part of mids, smooth, creamy and natural.

Bass : Eros has tight, controlled and resolving bass presentations. I am really satisfied amount of bass. It added wamth but not so much. This is good because S-EM9 has already warm sound signature.

I am really happy with the Eros cable. Thank you EA.

Nov 8, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #20 of 93
I am following both Facebook and Instagram!

I currently use the Lear BD4.2 CIEM or the CustomArt EiXX.
I haven't tried your cables, but have heard a lot of great things about your cables on Headfi.
and your cables definitely ahve the looks department nailed down at least.

I definitely believe in cables having an effect on sound,
and I currently use Linum cables, ALO, as well as Lear custom upgrade cables.
I would love to try your cables and can also write a mini review if required.

Nov 9, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 93
IEMs: Noble 3C, Empire Ears Spartan IV

Experience with Effect Audio: Recently ordered a pair of Thor Copper (2.5mm). The improvement to my Noble 3C was immediate and very apparently. Details emerged more clearly and soundstage widened up dramatically. The cables made the already good sounding 3C a much better technical performer.

Feel free to check out my review of the Thor Copper over at the Effect Audio thread.

Thoughts on upgrade cables: I have upgraded every cable in my house related to audio ranging from speaker interconnects, headphone cables, to power cables. I love cables.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #22 of 93
FB post liked and Instragram acct followed

IEM: CA Andromeda. AAW M10 CIEM

Thoughts on upgrade cables:

The cables are named 'upgrade' cables for a reason, and that is 'upgrade' the user's experience of his/her CIEM/IEM. While stock cables are not worse to start with, they can't be chosen (copper/silver/hybrid) and hence is unable bring out the full potential of the CIEM/IEM.

The versatility, choices and variant of  upgrade cables can allow a music lover who truely know their taste well, to be able to choose the best cable for themselves.

Experience with Effect Audio:

I have never tried any copper cable with my Andromeda (stock cable is of silver), and Ares was the first that I've tried one day when i was close to a Effect Audio dealer. While the dealer was unable to provide me with the type of cable which i have requested (3.5mm TRRS), i decided to make do what they have (3.5mm TRS).

Indeed, it gives me a kind of experience which i had nv had with my Andromeda. While maintain the clarity that the stock cable has, the bass hits even quicker without decay. The holographic nature of the IEM was brought out even forward, seemingly as if a plug was remove and my ears got delivered the best sound that my IEM can deliver.

The only complain that i had was the unavailability of the 3.5mm TRRS demo of the cable and it would mean that i can't bring out the best from my player, which can greatly affect my decision to choose it over other cables which has demo with the variant that i wanted.

Where did i heard of Effect Audio

From the FB of one local reseller (Music Sanctuary, Singapore) during last year's Black Friday promotion

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #23 of 93
3) Comment on this thread - your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

Currently using IM70s, am looking to get a Rooth LS6 to pair along with copper warmth Ares (year end). Based in Singapore, among my audiophile friends and fellow forumers from SG, Effect Audio is one that churn out quality cables for both iems and headphones. Will be getting 1 ares II/II+ even if results does not turn up my way.

Upgrade cables are not just aesthetically pleasant but of course sonically. But well, to each his own, and my own. Music is love and love is music. Let us all sway to the beats.

Nov 9, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #24 of 93
FB liked, IG followed :)

IEM: Heir 4A

No personal experience with Effect Audio, but definitely very interested from everything I've read here! Learned of you guys right here, on Head-Fi. 

I do believe in upgrade cables - I had an aftermarket cable for my Heirs from someone else, but they unfortunately broke. Going back to the stock cables, I definitely notice a difference in the quality of sound. So I'm a big believer and hoping to be able to go back to a high quality cable!

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #25 of 93
IEM:

Proud owner of Jomo5 (#006)

Experience with Effect Audio (If any):

I own a Thor Copper and a bespoken 6 wire Ares 2+.
Got my very first Effect Audio cable (Thor Copper) from Music Sanctuary. Was pretty much a YOLO purchase for me and turns out that I had pretty much hit a jackpot.

After almost half a year, decided to YOLO purchase another cable again since I am planning on getting another IEM at CanJam Singapore. What made me decide to get a 6 wire Ares 2+ instead was pretty much another YOLO decision.

After a few hiccups on Effect Audio's side, SY offered me same day delivery with a freebie of Effect Audio t-shirt (which does not fit me 
tongue.gif
) and you can imagine how mesmerized by their craftsmanship  I am.

Overall,top notch craftsmanship and customer service. So glad that my YOLO-ing paid off.

How did you hear of us:

From Jomo Audio website.

Your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables:

Was very very skeptical about upgrade cables from the experience of my very first upgrade cable from a very large chinese company who I shall not name. Did not hear any/not much improvement after spending a decent amount of money and was worried about the "upgrade" being just a placebo effect.

Effect Audio has taught me that you need not spend astronomical amount of money to get the very best out of your IEM and that the way to distinguish between a placebo to a real deal is that the upgrade is too huge to be your mind playing tricks on you.

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #26 of 93
IEM : ADEL U8 (64 Audio)

Experience with Effect Audio (If any):

ARES2+ : For those who think of changing cable is just minor improvement/change in term of both sound signature and resolution. I loved how bass and sub-bass sound with a bigger stage and overwhelming detail in low frequency range. In mid-range, the thickness of vocal comes to be thicker however vocal positioning is recessed compare to a traditional copper silver-plated upgrade cable. Since ADEL U8 is tuned for BASS-emphasized, In low frequency range, I never heard any cable can perform as good as this cable. 

LEONIDAS : Overall resolution becomes better and higher details. Vocal becomes mid-forward and has good extension. Even though this cable is a higher-tier than ARES2+, I dislike its sound because overall sound is prominent in high frequency range ,also I heard sibilant in female vocal frequently. Some says sibilant is a proof that it has good sound quality. But I am very sensitive with sibilant too much. 

How did I hear of Effect Audio :
First time I saw Effect Audio Cable via りょう太 eイヤホンtwitter. He is the one who works for e-earphone shop in Japan. You can see his face in youtube. He provide a lot of reviews on earphones, headphones, speakers, cable, DAP, etc.  He showed up ARES2 and ARES2+ pairing with AK DAP (Not quite sure whether it is AK70 or not). As I've remembered he get hyped on both ARES2 and ARES2+ that are perfect match with Anime songs and J-POP songs... some kind like that. (After tried, It likes he said.) Then I went to try Effect Audio Cable at a local audio shop in my country. Once I plugged in and listen, first thing I noticed that Effect Audio Cables are low microphonics and have good touch feeling.

My thoughts on upgrade cables :
In a nutshell, I have a lot of fun. The first upgrade cables I bought is the SONY upgraded cable for MDR-1A. Once I changed cables, I'd felt sound is changed in a better way. After that, I prefer to buy any earphone which can change its cable rather than a hard-wired one (and it has to be in my budget). This feature makes these earphones not die in my drawer. Once I got a upgrade cables I always bring all changeable-cable earphones (from my drawer) to try out. Feel fantastic on their new sound signature. 

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #27 of 93
My IEM is FLC technology FLC8S. I don't have any experience with upgrade cable. But I don't like the cable because of it's microphonics. That's why I want an upgrade cable. And lastly these sure look fantastic. Like pure copper #Cu only and there is nothing on it, even the plastic cover. Honestly I have known about it since this giveaway, because I was not that interested in upgrading a cable. Because they are so pricey. But when you get a chance to get it for free, then why not. This way I can also experience the change of sound after cable upgradation.

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #28 of 93
1) Like our Facebook Page: Liked

2) Follow us on Instagram: Done

IEM:
Shure SE535LTD-J

Experience with Effect Audio (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables:

I first heard about Effect Audio when I bought my Shure SE535 LTD's in Japan. At the time, the Effect Audio Apollo was being reviewed as the most ergonomic MMCX cable on the market and, especially in comparison to the stock Shure cable, I was very much inclined to agree. I found myself enchanted by the professional yet distinctive build that was visually stunning with strain-reliefs and subtle accents in all the right places, I'm a sucker for slick designs. This actually lead me to write my first ever review which stated similar remarks though perhaps less eloquently. A few months later I decided to make the jump to the Thor Silver. It was a considerable jump in price, but the sonic performance and aesthetic candy proved to justify every dollar.

Although the Apollo was a huge ergonomic upgrade over the stock Shure cable, the sound was only slightly enhanced if at all. With the Thor silver, the sound changes were considerable, opening my eyes to the effect that cables could have on sound, or rather that cables could affect sound at all. I was always a skeptic, I did electronic courses all through school and objectively discounted the minute enhancements of a few micro-ohms of impedance vs the $200 cost in silver plating; but luckily, I'm also a sucker for supreme audio quality. It started with the familiar snap of MMCX connectors as I prepared to remorse over my $250 purchase, but listening for the first time, it was clear that my SE535 had transformed, the entire sound becoming cleaner and more composed. The build also transcended to the next level over the Apollo, slightly springy but smoothly textured and tangle resistant, the silver braid wove it's way into my heart. 

Unfortunately financial circumstances lead to the regretful sale of my Shure's and with them the Thor Silver cable, one of the biggest mistakes I've made in the classifieds. However the Apollo has remained with me, and for the past 4 years has continued to endure the rigors of everyday use along with over 350km of cycling and 3 hours of running a week, all the while doing so with style and comfort. For such a lightweight cable, impressed would be an understatement and my fleeting moments with the Thor and ongoing experience with the Apollo is only a testament to the great work the people down at Effect Audio do. Keep up the great work, It's been a few years for me, but I would only ever see myself taking the EffectAudio route back into the world of custom cables.

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #29 of 93
I already follow your Instagram and your Facebook page :)

IEM: Livezone LZ8 Universal

How I got to know about Effect Audio: AV One, Music Sanctuary

My experience with upgrade cables:
Certainly a difference in the sound I hear. Had a long audition with the AresII. With my IEM at least, soundstaging is improved and the slight grain in the treble is audibly smoothed out, while maintaining the general sound signature of my IEM and preventing changes that might detract from my listening experience. In essence, what I like about Effect Audio cables is the ability for them to "fix" minor issues with IEMs without tampering with its strengths. From an ergonomic perspective, the cables are sleeved and so soft and supple that they actually feel like gel. This makes wearing over the ear feel very comfortable and allows me to focus on the music instead of constantly having to readjust the cable behind my ears.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #30 of 93
Liked, followed, and here's my comment.  

Current IEMs are in my signature.  Copper cable would go great with my Hidition NT6 Pro.
Heard about you on head-fi.  Waiting on a used Thor cable right now, but otherwise haven't had any experience with your products yet.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back