Effect Audio "Ares II" & "Ares II+" Boutique Premium IEM Upgrade Cables Giveaway!!
Nov 9, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #31 of 93
IEM ue900s
I haven,t tried your cable before but I have already heard about comment on your cable and all of it has a good comment on it so I really hope to try your cabl.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #32 of 93
Heard about effect audio through Calvin from Music Sanctuary in Singapore. Tested Ares II+, Thor Silver II and the flagship Leonidas. Currently using another aftermarket cable from plusSound with my Lime Ears Aether. Used to be sceptical about effects of cable and didn't buy into the idea that cables make a difference. couldn't be more wrong. my Aether sounds so much better (cleaner/blacker background, faster and tighter bass, deeper soundstage, excellent separation) with a silver cable. Would love to win an Ares II or Ares II+ to pair with my CIEM.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #33 of 93
Ooh, sexy sexy cable.

your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

My IEM(s): UERR, Trinity Phantom Master 4 (soon), a new Noble IEM (soon), Trinity Atlas, lots more without detachable cables

Experience with Effect Audio: I think that your cables were being used by Lime Ears at Canjam London. They are beautiful cables and I'd love to hear how they sound in a controlled environment.

Experience with upgrade cables: I have tried cheap balanced IEM cables from FiiO and found they give a slight change in sound, with a decrease in comfort over stock cables. I have reviewed the WyWires Red HD600 balanced cable and found that it opened up the sound, gave a blacker background and increased detail resolution. That is an excellent cable. I know that cables can make a difference, but they haven't always for me. I got a balanced cable from Custom Cans that when run single-ended sounded no different than the HD650 stock cable. Getting balanced output was what made the difference in sound, and is one of the reasons to get an upgrade cable. I'd love to review your cables. Lord knows they certainly pass the looks test, which is what a lot of people buy upgrade cables for.

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #34 of 93
IEM - Campfire Andromeda

Experience with Effect Audio (If any):
I have tried your EROS series of cables in shop, they are damn good.
The highs and Lows are extended. Larger soundstage.
Sweeter mids, better details.
Bass hits faster if you go up the grade. Bass is very fast for EROS II+ as it is using 22AWG Litz. Litz is smaller strands of wire so it do send current faster so resulted in a faster sound.

how did you hear of us:
Google, Newsfeed and headfi forum.

your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables:
Upgrade cables does makes a sound difference. How much difference will depends on the cable. If cable is able to give lesser resistance of cause the current will flow more smoothly and faster to the driver, more "data" or details will be able to sent over. Sound will change to become faster, punchy and fuller details, etc.

I heard a lot of impressions about EROS series that it improves every frequency range and soundstage becomes larger. I will try EROS2+ soon.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #36 of 93
Comment on this thread - your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

Awesome stuff Effect Audio.  Thanks for the contest!

Currently using some Meeaudio P1s.  Both stock cable ends have come lose and I need a new pair.  Picked up a cheap cable and waiting for it to come in.  Was going to go with yours but I'm a student and didn't have the money.  :frowning2:

Your stuff is highly recommended on here.  Good stuff that is inexpensive (not cheap).  Really looking forward to grabbing a pair of cables from you guys in the future when I can actually afford something.

Nov 9, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #37 of 93
I have no experience with effect audio but did think about shopping there. Just a bummer that there was no 3.5mm trrs option for my Geekout v2+ infinity and Sony ZX2. If there is, then i will purchase in the future!

I have the andromedas and maybe the cable with have a difference than having just the regular silver litz cable?

Looking very interested in the Eros+ right now. Will save up for now.

Nov 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #38 of 93
nice initiative , good luck to all 

I own Hidition NT-6 , Empire Ears Athena , Hifiman RE-272

I have zero experience with Effect Audio , hoping this changes soon 
tongue.gif

I heard of you through this place , a bliss for ears and a curse for wallets 
biggrin.gif

I believe in upgrade cables - so far I have 1 expensive and 1 normal pricing cable , and will definitely keep on reading/educating myself/buying more cables in the future

cheers

Nov 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #39 of 93
IEM - JVC FX-850 and Campfire Vega(Black Friday).

I read about Effect Audio/Ares wires when I was searching for good quality wires for my JVC FX-850 because the original ones broke.

Nov 9, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #40 of 93
Big fan of Effect Audio - been using their products for almost 3 years. Specifically, I own the Apollo (rainbow!) and Ares OCC pure copper upgrade cables; I use them with my Shure SE535LTD-J IEM, and they sound stupendous. Specifically, a big issue many had with these IEMs is that they're lacking in the bass department. However, once I utilized both of these cables instead of the original grey ones that accompanied the IEMs, the bass was definitely richer and more noticeable. For that reason alone, I'm definitely a big believer in investing in after-market cables, even if the person has a tighter budget.

However, now that I own the Shure SE846 IEM, getting my hands one of these two cables would be amazing (especially since my wife just gave birth to an adorable baby girl, which means I'm now dead broke!).

Heard about EA from this very site actually, when I was researching aftermarket IEM cables. And I'm very glad I did!

And just fior the record, the FB and Instagram liking, posting and following was all previously satisfied! :)

I had contacted customer service twice with two questions, and both times I was completely satisfied with the help and responses given. All in all, this is a great company touting great products!!

Nov 9, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #41 of 93
Big fan of Effect Audio - been using their products for almost 3 years. Specifically, I own the Apollo (rainbow!) and Ares OCC pure copper upgrade cables; I use them with my Shure SE535LTD-J IEM, and they sound stupendous.

However, now that I own the Shure SE846 IEM, getting my hands one of these two cables would be amazing (especially since my wife just gave birth to an adorable baby girl, which means I'm now dead broke!).

I had contacted customer service twice with two questions, and both times I was completely satisfied with the help and responses given. All in all, this is a great company touting great products!!

Wouldn't you be rather be 'dad broke'?
ok I'll never make such a bad joke again.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #42 of 93
IEM: Earsonic SEM-6,JH-Audio Roxanne

Experience: Started of with Effect Audio Apollo in 2012. The clarity changes my old Shure Se215.Improved the overall sound.In 2014, i bought Effect Audio Thor Copper 4 conductor which is used for Westone w40, it matches well as surprisingly it brightens up the sound giving better high and mids with solid bass punch. In 2015, bought the Effect Audio Thor Silver 4 conductor for the Effect Audio SEM-6,it changes the whole sound signature of the SEM6,the soundstage went really wide and open,it has a transparent sound. Bass toned down and controlled.But ive tried the ARES II+ 4 conductor which improved my SEM6 even more with better mids.I paired it with Centrance Hi-Fi m8.In the same year, bought Effect Audio Thor Silver 8 conductor for the JH Audio Roxanne without the bass control. Honestly i hoped that the bass control is there just to tone down the solid bass that the thor silver alrd control. Bought it without trying out it was by luck, paired it with porta tube and it sounded good. Nice mids, solid bass punches.Sou dstage definitely opens up.

Found out about Effect Audio when i first saw it at Treoo.com. and was shock at how cheap the apollo was and gave it a shot. Subsequent upgrades were from AV One at adelphi.

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #43 of 93
Comment on this thread - your IEM, your experience with Effect Audio (If any), how did you hear of us, your experience/thoughts on upgrade cables

Currently using Shure SE535 LE's, i dont have any experience with Effect Audio but some of the cables from the company are just gorgeous. I have mixed opinion/experience about upgrade cables. When i still owned a pair of UE900 and demo'ed a 7n occ copper cable I thought I heard it become more mid focused and warm, however my later experiences with different iem+cable combinations had very negligible sonic differences if any, I think placebo plays a big part too, even with my own ears. 

Nov 9, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #44 of 93
I have no experience with effect audio but did think about shopping there. Just a bummer that there was no 3.5mm trrs option. If there is, then i will purchase in the future!

Heyy buddy @Dithyrambes , 3.5mm Trrs is available. It's not listed on the webpage as a standard option - however do write in to us in the future if there are specific connectors or configurations :)

We do craft special projects & configurations from time to time (subjected to feasibility and Suyang's scheduling) via our "Bespoke" services :
http://www.effectaudio.com/bespoke.html/

-Eric

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back