Edmonton Head-Fi Meetup Part II: The Cabling
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #17 of 49
Ya, we definitely need a bigger room if we'll be getting a whole bunch of people. Best not to make it a public event unless we have a much bigger room.

@EdmontonCanuck Are you willing to book that larger meeting room at the hotel that you were talking about previously in the other thread.

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #18 of 49
If you hadn't just mentioned me I wouldn't have known this thread even existed :darthsmile: I see @Malfunkt mentioned me earlier but for some reason I didn't get any email notification of that.

Yes, sure, I can look into that room again to see if it's available. No one is worried that it's out in Sherwood Park?

Jan 8, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 49
It was the Days Inn Suites on Lakeland Drive near Millennium Place in Sherwood Park (here's the Google Map link).

The room was fairly large, on the ground floor by the front entrance, with plenty of electrical outlets. They were going to charge $100 for the day.

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 49
Anyone on this thread want to do a bit of legwork to try to find a similar location in more central Edmonton to have the meet?

Edit: I'll be out of town for the next several weeks so can't look after this myself.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #24 of 49
In case no is familiar with the location, it's only a 20 minute drive from downtown Edmonton. Beats the hell out of driving down to Calgary for a meet for us Edmonton-area folks.

Let me know if you want me to inquire about the room availability at the Days Inn. I'd rather wait to see if someone prefers another spot though, because if I inquire and it's available, I'd likely just book it then you would all be committed to it :wink:

Jan 8, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 49
My recommendation is to keep the current U of A setting for this meet and with more time, we can promote a larger meet for the summer. I know of some locations that are central and cost efficient. Central Lions Facility would be great https://www.edmonton.ca/activities_parks_recreation/central-lions.aspx I've rented it before. Lots of parking.

Jan 13, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #28 of 49
Posting on behalf of jhammy96:
(I’ve confirmed with them and gave them my cell phone number)

Hey man,

Just want to confirm with you that I will be attending the meetup on January 27th (as long as it remains at the UofA). I tried posting on headfi but I'm being told I don't have sufficient privileges to post. I likely won't be there until sometime between 11-12 though.

Cheers

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #30 of 49
Are we sure that there won't be more than 8-10 people coming? The room that's booked really won't be comfortable with more than 10 people coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back