EDIT: Hisound Audio to Release New DAP Product-Line (NOVA with micro SD card support)
Feb 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #631 of 1,083
i also had the same problem.
i recover using the following steps

step 1:  reset the player using reset button at the bottom
set 2 : switch on the player and select right top  icon (setting icon)
step 3:  select the 7th option from the top  i.e system menu
step  4: select 3th option from top i.e default set 

then u will get the all the available languages in the language menu

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #634 of 1,083
Quote:
Unfortunately there's no "oh wait" this time... Haha I'm selling mine already!

Well than oh wait...it's not a brick.
bigsmile_face.gif
Too bad it didn't work for you.
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #636 of 1,083
Someone likes it someone not... I don't know if i should order one of these. Someone recommended me cowon but i really don't like sound of it on full-size headphones. I am looking for something that will sound at least same as PC,i am using Asus zenbook ux31e and it sounds so good on my m100 but can't find some good portable player. I feel like "mp3's" sound so plastically. Don't know what should i think about this Nova(1,3) players... 

Btw my friend have beyerdynamic DT 440 (32) and he have same opinion about the players we heard it can't compare to any pc even with integrated sound card. It is quiet, plastically and it lacks the "surrounding" effect. Sorry for my non professional expressions :D

What should i think about Hisoundaudio nova?
Don't know if it is something like little improvement from ipod and cowon or it is actually sounds like from pc, cd-player, etc...

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #641 of 1,083
No comparison in dynamic contrast to the 3rd but the Nova 3 has a very nice even, clean, open, textured character. I think HSA V2 the best sound option and it has plenty of gain for most things. Some of the others, not so much. It's as good or better than the Roccos including the BA but different. The BA is still quieter in terms of sustained background sound.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #642 of 1,083

Hisound nova got new packaging? Looks a lot nicer than the one I got mine in haha

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #643 of 1,083
I have spend some time with the Nova 1. It took me approximately 20 minutes to figure out how it works and set up the correct language or the language that I prefer. The manual is actually much better than I have experienced receiving from HS before.

I actually didn't need to use the manual since I prefer to do it my own way.  It was fairly easy to figure out how to use the Nova. So that is a clear pass.. But the manual is still great and nice to have just in case.

I performed a little stress test by loading a bunch of Flac files/albums that I knew had caused me some issues with the Rocco-P/BA or Studio-V. All of they was recognized perfectly, in folder play, and all files played very smoothly. I also loaded a 24/96 WAV file, but that didn't turn out well. I didn't really expect it to work, so no surprise here..just a test.

Sound wise, very briefly, I think it lands, smack, in between the Rocco-P and the Studio-V(2). It has a very nice, wide sound stage and great clarity. The Nova 1 sounds a bit forward to me, maybe due to a slight upper mid range or/and lower treble emphasis. The bass level seems to have a been bumped in the behind compared to HS other products that I have experienced, but a gentle bump that gives it what the Rocco-P for instance may have lacked in this area.  I have primarily been using the Hi-Fi or HSA V.1.0 setting and both of them sounds good to me and I much preferred them to any other setting. 

It doesn't drive my HD650 very well or even sound all that great either.  With my main IEM, AT CK100pro  I do have some slight hiss issues, but this one can be one hissy person under the wrong circumstances. Low impedance in certain areas due to the crossovers may be a problem as well. On the other hand, something as simple and retro looking as my Koss Portapro actually sounds really great with the NOVA-1 and is probably a much better match-up with the NOVA-1.  Much cheaper too... 

That's all. I will have a few other people try it out in a few days, maybe compare it to a Clip+, iPods, who knows. Let them come up with some thoughts, so I won't have to do any thinking.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #644 of 1,083
i am using Nova 3 for the past 2 days.
this is my short feedback 

upon opening my Nova 3 i am impressed with the light gold color and the red color combination of the touch keys
i turned on the player. i got the default language as chinese (not sure but not english).
so i tried to change the language to english but i can't find the english option in the language list.
i really got worried there are about 5 language only displayed in the list.
i thought the reset is the options to get all the language. but it also fail to get the entire list.
for about 15 minutes after struggling i find another option.
set the default set in the setting > system menu options
that make me to get the english language.

first of all i noticed the sound stage is great. i like the sound stage very much when compared to my clip+.
i can able to hear the clear separation of each instruments. i can able to feel the vocal is nearer to me.
volume is low when i connect with the sennheiser hd419.
but for westone 4 i am using the volume of 25 to 27 (max 32).

about the UI i think its good but not matured in some area. for basic operations it won't be any problem.
i can able to see flickering when scrolling the song list.

after spending some more time with Nova i will come up with my review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back