Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Dec 5, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #1,112 of 2,605
My new ZD SE is scheduled for delivery on Dec 10th. Craig says that the all black version looks great. Can't wait to try it out!!! I just received my new power conditioner for this system, a Running Springs Haley. Running Springs makes great power line conditioners. I use their Jaco in my home stereo system with great results. Also coming is the HE-5 headphones (hopefully next week).

Dec 11, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #1,113 of 2,605
I got my Zana Deux SE yesterday and I'm very impressed. This amp is very transparent with excellent extension at both ends of the spectrum. The sound it reproduces is spacious and the images are well separated. Vocalists are clearly defined in space. Timbre and note decay are spot on. The ZD exudes quality from the care in packaging to the fit and finish, everything is first class. Not only does it sound great but it looks beautiful doing so. I'm very satisfied and Craig was a pleasure to do business with as well. Highly recommended.
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #1,114 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my Zana Deux SE yesterday and I'm very impressed. This amp is very transparent with excellent extension at both ends of the spectrum. The sound it reproduces is spacious and the images are well separated. Vocalists are clearly defined in space. Timbre and note decay are spot on. The ZD exudes quality from the care in packaging to the fit and finish, everything is first class. Not only does it sound great but it looks beautiful doing so. I'm very satisfied and Craig was a pleasure to do business with as well. Highly recommended.
smile.gif

Love to see some pictures! Got mine at the beginning of the year and I am still amazed. Congratulations!
smile_phones.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #1,115 of 2,605
Yeah, post some pics! Those of us who have them are really tuned to the subtle evolutions the Zana's gone through. I have the last of the non SE ones unless he plans to make more.
It really is a best buy, congrats.

Dec 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #1,116 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM324 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the all black version....

Pics, please?
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't seen an all-black one yet.

I like all the small changes the Zana has had along the way.

Dec 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #1,117 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics, please?
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't seen an all-black one yet.

I like all the small changes the Zana has had along the way.

Ok guys, ask and you shall receive. Here's a link to some photos of my new toy:
http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/z...a%20Deux%20SE/

I don't know how to post hi-rez pictures here, so I hope the link above works for you.

Dec 13, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #1,118 of 2,605
Congrats on receiving your Zana. It is a beautiful amp.

Seems like we ZD owners are a happy gang, who enjoy the heck out of it.

I know I do =)

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #1,119 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats on receiving your Zana. It is a beautiful amp.

Seems like we ZD owners are a happy gang, who enjoy the heck out of it.

I know I do =)

Thanks nor spoon, I'm enjoying the Zana quite a bit.

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #1,122 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
VERY slick! Is the top powder-coated, or is it anodized like the sides?

I'm not sure but it appears to be anodized. It seems more like a finish rather than a paint. My photography skill aren't the greatest. It looks even better in person.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #1,124 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it was powder coated, you'd know it. It's definitely a coating like a paint. I'll bet it's anodized to match the sides.

I think they should call it Darth Zana. Definitely cool looking!

I think Craig should coin that name, Darth Zana. I've been burning in my Darth for the last 2 weeks and enjoying it all the while. I tried 2 different NOS tubes during this time, a Valvo 6SL7GT 1957 vintage and a Sylvania VT-229. In my system, the Valvo was the hands down winner. It is well balanced from top to bottom. The midrange is so engaging...unbelieveable. This is with my HD800 with a Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable. The Sylvania tube's highs were more prominent and bright and not to my liking. I may like to try a Tung Sol 6SU7GTY or Brimar in the future but I'm very happy with the Valvo. Thanks Norspoon, I bought the Valvo after reading your posts.

After a bit of tweaking and burning in, my system is sounding so intoxicating. In addition to the Valvo tube rolling, the Blue Dragon HD800 cable has made a nice change by adding a bit more bass while leveling and opening the highs even more so than before without any brightness. The mids are even more transparent with this cable. I also tried switching out some spare ICs that I've collected over the years and I settled on the Acoustic Zen Matrix Reference (original version not MkII). Who said that the HD800s are analytical? I get lost in the music listening to them in my new system.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back