Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Oct 30, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #931 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevinR70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea where I can buy the Valvo tube in the US?

I do not think there are any US sellers of this tube. The one I got mine from (non US) has no one left, but if you do a search, you will probably find one or two stores which still have some.

Oct 31, 2008 at 6:53 AM Post #932 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes hope my wait is short, just gotta not think about it for a bit. Funny aside from the configuration, I am already at the point where i am debating the turn it on turn it off issue that comes up with tube equipment and it is still months away.

Oh Hell, that's the fun part. Now you get to "should I turn it on when I get home from work?" How long should I leave it on before I cue up "Keep On Growing"?

-Tim

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #933 of 2,605
I bought my Valvos from a Hong Kong dealer on E-Bay. I have never seen them for sale by the regular U.S. dealers. Interesting to hear they have some microphonics (I have not tried mine yet). The tube I have been listening to is the Fivre (Italian). It has microphonics when you tap the amp body. This sound is like the ring when tapping Waterford crystal glass.
Good listening to all current and future Zd owners.
David Pritchard

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #934 of 2,605
2995404368_830d3b315e.jpg

Nov 2, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #935 of 2,605
Got to love those glass bulbs! Nice photo.

David, I admire you, having tubes around, not falling for the temptation of testing them. I could never do that.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #936 of 2,605
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to hearing the 1000s with the Brimar and GTY tubes, but I have to tell you I can't get over how good the amp sounds with my 650's. I just picked up an Equinox cable yesterday and couldn't stop listening last night.

How do you like it with the GS1Ks? -Tim

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #938 of 2,605
Just a small update ..... I'm getting to hear the corals.

DSC06371a.jpg

Don't make fun of my stands. ) Not finished. Also ...

And ..

Didn't work as well. Basically , the corals need a different cabinet, and some tubes.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #939 of 2,605
Quote:

I prefer my Senn 650's over the GS1000 with the ZD.

ditto. I like them fine with digital sources though - they seem to take the edge off with that (some say flabby, I say flexible) bottom end.

Dec 5, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #940 of 2,605
We would never make fun of your laundry-bucket(!) Just wondering what its resonant frequency was, actually ...

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #941 of 2,605
Zero point zero
wink.gif
. I'm glad you noticed that. When I took out the mdf and put the wood under it , I realized it might have been a very good idea before, although unconcious. The tub , as you say. I had to improvise. The original plan was to have a 2- component rack when Zana got here, and to do a new block. The one on the right is 30 years old, at least. I like it very much.

I got to go over and check out the jbl on his 6L6 tube amp, in mono. It was a real treat.

IMG00606a1.jpg

IMG00607a1.jpg

I've got the corals toed-in and running with the Mirages on top now. Lots of tonal bass.

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #945 of 2,605
Hi everybody !
normal_smile .gif

Sorry for the unusial question - i am reading this tread all the time - its very interesting and impressive - but i have a question regarding the schematic diagram of this Zana Deux HP amplifier - does anybody have it ? May be somebody have a high resolution photo of the up side down assembled amp ?
Can be sent to my E-mail.
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back