Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Apr 9, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #376 of 992
  I can wait for the Explorer it was just the lack of activity on this thread
k701smile.gif

Wanna see more pics of the Finder X1 next to fired 9 mm blank ammo shell casings? 
etysmile.gif

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #377 of 992
  I can wait for the Explorer it was just the lack of activity on this thread
k701smile.gif

How about a hand drawn sketch of Finder X1? (we can top Chris's suggestion)

I had some spare time and drew this one up earlier, free hand.

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #379 of 992
  why would someone use blanks

Because I'm living in Germany where we (thankfully) have much stronger firearm regulations than in about every state in America. Normal citizens that are not in a gun club they have to visit on a regular basis have no right to buy firearms (yes, we don't have the fundamental right to arm ourselves, a good thing as the statistics show).
Anyway, that ammo is from about a decade back when I bought a blank gun to shoot firework ammo on New Year's Eve. Don't have the blank gun anymore, sold it some years back due to the lack of use. Kept some of the fired blank shell casings though, for no actual reason. Recently found three of them in a drawer and thought they would look kind of cool on a photo next to the Finder, so I removed the plastic caps, polished the first, sanded the second and gently sanded and then polished the third.

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #380 of 992
its funny how x1 cost 199 usd and sound similar to ie800 (which cost 3 times more) yet retaining the technical performance.
goes to show that ie800 is overpriced!

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #381 of 992
Believe there is an update due to be released in a few days time according to a reply left on the kick starter platform...

Last update I heard they had solved their remaining stubborn firmware issue. A limited production run will be done to get the players in the hands of early backers in May. Full production will be a bit later with the unit being in full release in June.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #382 of 992

Because I'm living in Germany where we (thankfully) have much stronger firearm regulations than in about every state in America. Normal citizens that are not in a gun club they have to visit on a regular basis have no right to buy firearms (yes, we don't have the fundamental right to arm ourselves, a good thing as the statistics show).
Anyway, that ammo is from about a decade back when I bought a blank gun to shoot firework ammo on New Year's Eve. Don't have the blank gun anymore, sold it some years back due to the lack of use. Kept some of the fired blank shell casings though, for no actual reason. Recently found three of them in a drawer and thought they would look kind of cool on a photo next to the Finder, so I removed the plastic caps, polished the first, sanded the second and gently sanded and then polished the third.

I didn't know there were fireworks made to be used with a blank gun. That must have been cool.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #383 of 992
Last update I heard they had solved their remaining stubborn firmware issue. A limited production run will be done to get the players in the hands of early backers in May. Full production will be a bit later with the unit being in full release in June.

Excellent, on schedule. Maybe the imminent announcement will confirm? Either way given their record on delivery of the X1, it won't be too long.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #384 of 992
It's amazing how long firmware problems can take to solve. The Explorer has been in development for quite a long time. I hope and expect this reflects attention to detail and the realization of the importance of getting it right the first time when it is released. I would rather even see the schedule slip some if necessary to make the device perfect out of the box. I expect it won't slip much though, if at all. The remaining issue seems to be one of logistics, fitting the production run into the schedule of the manufacturer, at least that is my understanding. I'm sure we will hear more soon.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #385 of 992
its funny how x1 cost 199 usd and sound similar to ie800 (which cost 3 times more) yet retaining the technical performance.
goes to show that ie800 is overpriced!

And think of the value the X1 delivered at its original indiegogo price of 79 USD, which I paid. If the Explorer fares as well, it will also represent a fantastic bargain, again even more so at its early backer price.

Apr 10, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #386 of 992

I didn't know there were fireworks made to be used with a blank gun. That must have been cool.

Well, it actually sounds cooler than it is in reality. For shooting firework, the blank gun gets just normally loaded with blank ammo, but something that looks like a very short muffler gets screwed into the barrel. That's where the pyrotechnical projectiles are put in (only once at a time and per shot). Sounds cool but is actually rather lame - real firework rockets fly higher and have a bigger flare (the pyrotechnics for blank guns are rather sized like Roman candles when they explode, though some that explode in the air are somewhat larger expanding).

Real fireworks are a waste of money (plus bad for the environment as well), hence I haven't bought any in years. Blank guns for fireworks are even more of a waste of money - the guns are rather expensive for what they are (~ $200), as they are made of rather weak metal and wear pretty quick, the ammunition isn't much cheaper than the real deal and the firework projectiles are all in all more expensive than cooler looking rockets.

Long story short, the Finder X1 is much much cooler and more smokin' than shooting firework with a blank gun. 
etysmile.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #387 of 992
There were times Finder X1 and myself were 'in the zone man' I mean 'we were there' combined as one. Thier tonality was right in my range. I've said it before, ever since I returned the N6 back to Cayin it's like part of the enchantment is missing. Like when you require 3 mystical stones to open a secret door, but now there's one stone missing. :frowning2:

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #389 of 992
  Hi al
I check for activity on this thread almost daily and it's been a little quiet here ~
Anything to report  @Gilly87 any updates from recent shows, pictures or anything?
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from lack of Echobox Explorer updates

blink.gif

Argh sorry!

There's really not much news, unfortunately; we're still working on firmware and our UI. Progress has been steady :)

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #390 of 992
There were times Finder X1 and myself were 'in the zone man' I mean 'we were there' combined as one. Thier tonality was right in my range. I've said it before, ever since I returned the N6 back to Cayin it's like part of the enchantment is missing. Like when you require 3 mystical stones to open a secret door, but now there's one stone missing.
frown.gif

Are you waiting on an Explorer? Which other sources have you tried?

I really like mine out of the Schiit Fulla, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back