Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Apr 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #391 of 992
Are you waiting on an Explorer? Which other sources have you tried?

I really like mine out of the Schiit Fulla, personally.

No plans made as yet on the Explorer.

I have tried a few (with Finder X1)

IBasso DX50 / DX80 /DX90
Tralucent DacAmp One
Astell & Kern AK10
Cayin N5 (and N6)

That's about it.

Not that any sound bad with Finder X1, just Cayin N6 sounded 'very good' with your earphone. Even more surprising is I wasn't particularly fond of N6 with much else.

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #392 of 992
Argh sorry!

There's really not much news, unfortunately; we're still working on firmware and our UI. Progress has been steady :)

Oops, looks like I spoke out of turn earlier. For some reason, I was under the impression the firmware issue had been reported as resolved. Keep at it and get it right, as I'm sure you know is the best course. People may be impatient, but in the end will be thrilled with a completely functional product. My own personal irony in this is that I will likely use the player largely as an Android device with Poweramp as I don't have much in the way of lossless material, although I'm looking forward to Tidal and streaming. Best of fortune.

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #394 of 992

Wanna see more pics of the Finder X1 next to fired 9 mm blank ammo shell casings? 
etysmile.gif

Yes please 
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #395 of 992
No plans made as yet on the Explorer.

I have tried a few (with Finder X1)

IBasso DX50 / DX80 /DX90
Tralucent DacAmp One
Astell & Kern AK10
Cayin N5 (and N6)

That's about it.

Not that any sound bad with Finder X1, just Cayin N6 sounded 'very good' with your earphone. Even more surprising is I wasn't particularly fond of N6 with much else.

I've been getting my groove on with the X1's with my Mojo from day 1 with the occasional use of the Onkyo DP-X1.
These little gems still get me smiling every time.
L3000.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #396 of 992
  Well, we've discovered the issue we were having - that was t he biggest obstacle. Fixing it won't be an issue.

We should have an update on final dates some time this week :)

Great news, thanks 
beerchug.gif

its funny how x1 cost 199 usd and sound similar to ie800 (which cost 3 times more) yet retaining the technical performance.
goes to show that ie800 is overpriced!

Am I alone in wishing that I had bought 2 at that re........, I mean great price  
wink_face.gif

There were times Finder X1 and myself were 'in the zone man' I mean 'we were there' combined as one. Thier tonality was right in my range. I've said it before, ever since I returned the N6 back to Cayin it's like part of the enchantment is missing. Like when you require 3 mystical stones to open a secret door, but now there's one stone missing.
frown.gif

I feel your pain. Hopefully Explorer on it's arrival will help to compensate you for your loss and provide another stone for your collection 
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #399 of 992

is that a compliment to the finder x1 hehe

Yes, in a way. Finder shares a similar tonality, their tone is comparable. I have always enjoyed brighter sounding gear by preference.

What sources do you enjoy Finder X1 with? Your bestest source.

Apr 11, 2016 at 9:57 AM Post #400 of 992

Yes, in a way. Finder shares a similar tonality, their tone is comparable. I have always enjoyed brighter sounding gear by preference.

What sources do you enjoy Finder X1 with? Your bestest source.

i have the dx80 and plenue d atm but having auditioned the x1 with acoustic research m2, paw gold, qp1r and other top daps, the synergy of x1 and acoustic research m2 is second to none

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #401 of 992
They actually sound a 'little bit' like Tralucent 1Plus2...

Really? Wow... That's a pretty bold statement brother. I know you must love these. How would you say there so similar? It's been a while since I've owned my 1p2, but they were quite good. Not sure if I'd buy them again, especially not with Gavin's release of the P5, but X1 could be a viable alternative due to the reasonable price.

is that a compliment to the finder x1 hehe

I'd say a very big compliment. On price alone, I don't recall the exact price but in the $1400 neighborhood. Anytime reasonably priced audio equipment is compared to the high end stuff, obviously a compliment. Especially coming from. H20Fidelity, who loves Tralucent.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #402 of 992
@warrior1975 The tonality is similar.

Its actually quite daring from Echobox to be different as many earphones within its price range go for a warm, smooth signatures.

Finder X1 likes to be different.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #403 of 992

i have the dx80 and plenue d atm but having auditioned the x1 with acoustic research m2, paw gold, qp1r and other top daps, the synergy of x1 and acoustic research m2 is second to none

I think a warmer source is where its at for X1. Bright IEM + bright source is cool and all, you get a great buzz.

But there is the problem of extended listening fatigue.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #404 of 992

I think a warmer source is where its at for X1. Bright IEM + bright source is cool and all, you get a great buzz.

But there is the problem of extended listening fatigue.

definitely. warm source is better

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #405 of 992
maxresdefault.jpg

This is my all time favourite iem.
Up till now, no iem has impressed me more than the fi-ba-ss.

if @Gilly87 managed to get a pair of this to try and create the next fi-ba-ss, surpassing it in the process 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back