Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread
Feb 24, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #346 of 992
  late night, hmm see id say bright and crisp is more a morning, wake you up, energise you sort of sound. evening id want very soft smooth, mellow.  not that i really listen in the evenings but you know.  usually by the time evening comes  my ears mostly want a break.

I use them at low volumes late at night.
smile.gif

What I was saying earlier, due to their brightness I enjoy letting them idle gently.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #348 of 992
I haven't heard the P1 but have a lot of experience with the Finder. It comes down to what kind of sound you want. The Finder is extremely quick and very detailed. It also has superb bass extension. However overall it is on the bright side of what some people prefer. If you're looking for a smooth relaxing sound, the Finder isn't for you. If you want an extremely detailed but fun and bright sound the Finder is unrivaled in this price class.

Mar 6, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #349 of 992
  Anyone knows how these compare to the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1?

I think I've narrowed down my IEM choices between the Pinnacle P1 and this Echnobox Finder x1. Both at $199.

Finder is the kind of IEM that suits someone's brighter preferences, they're very detailed, lean and crisp sounding, some may not admire this sound. They will sound great from most sources but I find they truly scale with strong source or desktop amp. Say for example, a nice meaty warmish amp, really adds that extra refinement and some added tonality.

Unfortunately, the Cayin N6 I was using during earlier posts was only a loaner, I haven't played with Finder since returning it.

I will say the combination left fond memories.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #350 of 992
Boom! Here's my take on the Echobox Finder X1: http://www.head-fi.org/products/echobox-audio-finder-x1/reviews/15437
 ​
 ​
They're excellent. Full stop. One of the few dynamic in-ears that I not only objectively find good but also subjectively love a lot.​
 Really one of the nicest engaging "fun" in-ears out there, with really good control, and I am pretty stunned that they are Echobox Audio's first in-ear release.​

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #351 of 992
I handed these to a friend to listen to out of my DX50 and this is what he said: "These sound like the IE800." Heady praise indeed. I think they have a bit more bass than the IE800. I'm a big fan of these badboys. I'm waiting for a replacement filter and some time in my schedule to do a review of these.

I predict a positive review in the future.

Mar 20, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #352 of 992
They grabbed hold of me for a while, I've let a few pretty gnarly comments fly pages back. :D I just can't get them to sound the same without the Cayin N6 here anymore. Once I'd adjusted we were on a roll.

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #353 of 992
  I handed these to a friend to listen to out of my DX50 and this is what he said: "These sound like the IE800." Heady praise indeed. I think they have a bit more bass than the IE800. I'm a big fan of these badboys. I'm waiting for a replacement filter and some time in my schedule to do a review of these.

Yeah, basic tonality is quite similar to the IE 800, however the Finder X1 is bassier and more present in the middle treble where the Senn has got a dip. Bass quality, speed and resolution are things where the IE 800 wins (it better should for its price), but the Finder has got the more natural, real sounding upper end (IE 800 sounds splashy bright in the upper frequencies in my ears, whereas the Finder sounds just bright in the treble, without splashiness/edginess). Midrange tuning is just as well done on the Explorer. What I greatly prefer on the X1 are the cable and case.
So yes, one could indeed describe the Finder X1 as a mini-IE 800 with more bass, more brightness, similarly well-made mids, more realistic upper end, somewhat less resolution/speed/control, a less distant sounding soundstage with more depth and the better cable.

Mar 21, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #354 of 992

You didn't get them? Sent them out early last week...USPS -_-;

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #355 of 992

You didn't get them? Sent them out early last week...USPS -_-;

I wouldn't worry. The USPS is really slow to here. Even though the international hub is in San Francisco, they'll probably put those filters through customs hell before sending them over. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #357 of 992

Yeah, basic tonality is quite similar to the IE 800, however the Finder X1 is bassier and more present in the middle treble where the Senn has got a dip. Bass quality, speed and resolution are things where the IE 800 wins (it better should for its price), but the Finder has got the more natural, real sounding upper end (IE 800 sounds splashy bright in the upper frequencies in my ears, whereas the Finder sounds just bright in the treble, without splashiness/edginess). Midrange tuning is just as well done on the Explorer. What I greatly prefer on the X1 are the cable and case.
So yes, one could indeed describe the Finder X1 as a mini-IE 800 with more bass, more brightness, similarly well-made mids, more realistic upper end, somewhat less resolution/speed/control, a less distant sounding soundstage with more depth and the better cable.

I wanted to like the IE800 but the fit for me was always an issue. As go to IEM's I personally have found the Finder X1's perfect for my needs. I had experimented with all the filters as well as different tips, including all the supplied tips, Spinfits, Sony Hybrids, JVC Spiral Dots.

My best fit and results are with the "Bass" filters and Comply TS tips, great seal and this combination works best for me with all genres.
On the go and casual listening X1's with only my recently purchased CIEM's bettering them for my uses.
Not bad for an a pair of IEM I got for £55 plus 3 months of Tidal HiFi
L3000.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #358 of 992
I tried the X1 for 2-3 songs during the recent CanJam in Singapore, very nice soundsig (don't know what filter is installed though).

The bad thing is the guy with stylish haircut (Tom?) said that there is no sale during the event. All sales are only online and in Japan.

Good thing is that stores in Singapore and Indonesia are announcing them.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #359 of 992
  I tried the X1 for 2-3 songs during the recent CanJam in Singapore, very nice soundsig (don't know what filter is installed though).

The bad thing is the guy with stylish haircut (Tom?) said that there is no sale during the event. All sales are only online and in Japan.

Yes the dude is Tom while the other guy is Sam.

Mar 23, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #360 of 992

Heya,

If it was at CanJam Singapore, thats Tom.

We should also be moving into retail in the US before too long :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back