EC Zana Deux tube rolling pls share
Feb 5, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #616 of 651
Well done, you will not be disappointed, congratulations!

How is Standard doing, any first impressions?

THX

Quote:
I bought those in the link
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #617 of 651
I am in the process of moving so I haven't heard the amp at all. I got the TUNG SOL today so I have tubes and everything but not the time.

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #620 of 651
  Well.... How's it going with all the exotic tubes you have?

:)

Still on the move. We have to change some wall paper but at least most of the heavy things are now in the new house.

I had a day off yesterday and listened to interesting speakers. Onken driven by Allnic mono blocks. They are a little bit to big for my better half but we will see what happens.
Maybe in a week or so I have time to listen to the headphones/amplifier. I hope so anyway.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #621 of 651
Still on the move. We have to change some wall paper but at least most of the heavy things are now in the new house.

I had a day off yesterday and listened to interesting speakers. Onken driven by Allnic mono blocks. They are a little bit to big for my better half but we will see what happens.
Maybe in a week or so I have time to listen to the headphones/amplifier. I hope so anyway.

Buying my first house here mid march so can't buy any toys until all is ok. Funny how priorities get in the way of fun :/

Feb 21, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #622 of 651

Buying my first house here mid march so can't buy any toys until all is ok. Funny how priorities get in the way of fun :/

But then you have the chance to buy a house with room for all your toys.

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #625 of 651
Soft?

Sorry mate. I'd happily take you up on your offer, but I plunked down the paypal cash on one mere hours ago. Appreciate the offer though.

I do intend to use it with the 800s & some W3Ks.

Apr 12, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #626 of 651
Gonna revive this thread a second time.  :wink:

I recently ordered a Zana again and should have it next month.
When I sold my previous Zana I sold all my tubes as well, Metal Base Sylvania and Valvos among a few other quite unique ones.
My source then was the Vietnaese guy we talked about in this thread: NATubes.com . His site disappeared though.

I have been reading this whole thread and searching the web high and low and found most tubes I want back, except for the two you can see in my sig:
The Metal Base Sylvania and the Valvo.

If there is anyone wanting to sell one or more of these or can point me to a place where I can buy them I'd be a very happy camper!  :)

Apr 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #627 of 651
 Standard 33S29B / 5691 Sweden
Military spec, heavy duty construction 5691 made by Standard in Sweden 1950s under license of RCA. ULTRA RARE!!! One of the best 6SL7 ever made just like her sister 6SN7 equivalent 3S30B/5692. This tube has dark brown base, triple mica, black plates, double D-getter and 5 support rods. Our huge stock is labeled and boxed as 6SL7WGT/Haltron, the reliable British company. Please see below for the reference pictures to compare. Nowhere else on the earth available in such a large quantity! Matched pairs and quads available.

Found this on the web. Does this triple rebranding make any sense to anyone?

http://www.nostubestore.com/search/label/6SL7GT%2FVT-229%2F6SL7WGT%2F5691%2F33S29B

May 14, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #628 of 651
I'm starting tube rolling on my ZD, and thank you all for experience sharing since many years on this topic.

I've received a RCA JAN CRC 5691 from vacuumtubes website.

The tube brings easily more detail and dynamism versus the original Tung Sol 6SL7GT...I'm now convinced by the tube rolling :)

I think my tube is old because of the color of the base (between red and brown), the black plates, the orange words, and the former RCA logo.

How can I know the age of the tube ? on the box, it's written PKD 12-64...does it mean december 1964 ?

Thanks.

May 18, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #629 of 651
  I'm starting tube rolling on my ZD, and thank you all for experience sharing since many years on this topic.

I've received a RCA JAN CRC 5691 from vacuumtubes website.

The tube brings easily more detail and dynamism versus the original Tung Sol 6SL7GT...I'm now convinced by the tube rolling :)

A dangerous game to play ! you should not have started ah ah ah ah ah
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #630 of 651
I ordered a spare tube from Craig thinking it would be ajust that, a spare Tung-Sol 6SL7GT.
I just noticed a few days ago he put in a Philips JAN 6SL7WGT, black base with green print, oval plates. 
Anyone knows this tube?
I put in the tube this morning and have been listening to it a few hours. Sounds pretty nice I must say.
Hard to pinpoint the change in sound immediately.

I was wondering, would it be dangerous to simply hotswap these driver tubes in order to be able to compare better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back