Eartips for e-Q7
Feb 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm pleased with the UE single flange silicons.

For some reasons I can't seem to like them.They do isolate well but they don't sound as well as the stock tips and I can't really explain why.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 17
You really ought to post more than 3 words so people can understand the what / why / how of your problem.

Feb 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really ought to post more than 3 words so people can understand the what / why / how of your problem.

The main problem I had with the stock tips is that they do not isolate well.Although that problem has been solved with the UE single flanges,I find that they produce a slightly different sound than the stock tips,the soundstage just feel slightly smaller.It might be just me but I do find it a bit less enjoyable.Can anyone recommend me a tip that has the sound that the stock tips provide but with better isolation?I apologize for not providing enough details.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #6 of 17
You are right that the UE single flange sounds slightly less airy than the stock eartips. I would actually recommend UE bi-flange for a better soundstage than the single flange, but still not quite as good as the stock. I also tried Sony Hybrid and Comply T400 (which doesn't fit very securely) and they both sound smaller in soundstage than the stock.

Feb 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 17
My RE0 smaller, clear bi-flange tips are probably the best sounding tips I've heard so far for the e-Q7, but they are not as easy to insert as the stock single flanges, unless you have very large ear canals. For sound, they are great though - make the e-Q7 sound even clearer and more focused than the stock tips.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #11 of 17
I like either the IE8 double flange, Comply t500 (or t400) and now the Monster SuperTip gels..

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like either the IE8 double flange, Comply t500 (or t400) and now the Monster SuperTip gels..

Thanks for the suggestions I really do appreciate them.Can you briefly described how the sennheiser double flanges and the SuperTips affect the sound and how well they isolate?

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by helljudgement /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestions I really do appreciate them.Can you briefly described how the sennheiser double flanges and the SuperTips affect the sound and how well they isolate?

Sorry @ helljudgement, been doing other things and just kind of peeking in on this forum. OKay, the Supertips are too dense to really sit inside the ear canal, but it's heavy enought to fit somewhat and offer a complete seal. Once you get that complete seal, basically no sound is coming from the outside and you get pure isolation. That isolation extends the bass and mids, and even the treble somewhat (although I don't think treble is the strongest part of the e-Q7). Before the Supertips, really the comply gave the bass the best dimension. The IE8 double flanges take away from the bass some, but nice isolate. If you can get a good seal (I can with the smaller SuperTips although I have large canals), the those would you serve you best I think. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back