EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Nov 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #151 of 1,557
that's a good question...
here are my answers:

1. I dont have that much money on that week I bought the Velvet
2. I'VE NEVER TRY ROXANNE BEFORE TODAY!

but for reference,  I have to say that the Velvet has better transparency compare to Roxanne. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #152 of 1,557
Details of Velvet vs Roxanne:

Velvet win on :
1. better transparency
2. a bit more sub-bass
3. slightly larger soundstage
4. more comfortable to wear for long time.
5. cheaper

Roxanne win on
1. more details of the music
2. more nature sounding and better sound texture
3. very punchy and powerful bass
4. warmer sound and better sense of music (this advantage is very personal)

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #154 of 1,557
for transparency, its talking about the background of the music. For Velvet, it has a dark and clear background. For Roxanne, it has a warm and slightly slightly blurry background (but I believe this might cause by the massive details of the music, maybe Velvet is actually missing some sound so that it has a clearer background. Just MAYBE).

Nov 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #155 of 1,557
I own both the Velvet and Roxanne. For me the Velvets were worth more my money and I favor it's sound signature over the Roxanne. I have to have that treble tone of Earsonics.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #156 of 1,557
I actually didn't find the universal Roxanne very engaging (eventually sold mine). I found that they sounded too dark for my tastes. I agree that the bass was good - impactful with good body but sometimes the bass just bathed everything in a dark veil. They did had good imaging and resolution, but ultimately I did not forge a strong connection with them. I much prefer my 1Plus2 and Miracles signature over the Roxanne. The biggest issue I had with the Roxannes however, were their humongous size, they were just not practical for outside use. The lesson I learnt from the Roxannes? More drivers may not equate to a better sound (again, subjective preference). Even my RE-600 single dynamic had more air and soundstage (balanced).

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #157 of 1,557
  I own both the Velvet and Roxanne. For me the Velvets were worth more my money and I favor it's sound signature over the Roxanne. I have to have that treble tone of Earsonics.

Is Velvet's treble more extended than Roxanne's?

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #159 of 1,557
I actually didn't find the universal Roxanne very engaging (eventually sold mine). I found that they sounded too dark for my tastes. I agree that the bass was good - impactful with good body but sometimes the bass just bathed everything in a dark veil. They did had good imaging and resolution, but ultimately I did not forge a strong connection with them. I much prefer my 1Plus2 and Miracles signature over the Roxanne. The biggest issue I had with the Roxannes however, were their humongous size, they were just not practical for outside use. The lesson I learnt from the Roxannes? More drivers may not equate to a better sound (again, subjective preference). Even my RE-600 single dynamic had more air and soundstage (balanced).

Yes, I'm sure that was a big reason for me too. The universals were just way too big. I mean big on another level. They stick out, weigh down on your ear, hard to get perfect tips for perfect fit and perfect comfort.

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #160 of 1,557

I purchased Velvet on Amazon by  HIDEF. I ordered it in 5 days shipping but it arrived in 2 days. The box seems be opened before,but it's glad that I'm not the person care about this that much. After plugging it to my Iphone6, I have to say, this sound is just what I want compared to SM64. I lost my SM64 several weeks ago, and I'm really worry about if Velvet can be better than SM64 for Vocal and transparency. The result is, it truly beat the SM64 in almost every aspect. Better Bass, better transparency, better sound stage, and even more clear in vocal. I can tell if you listened to SM64 and really love it, Velvet won't let you down!!

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #161 of 1,557
Got mine today with scratches and cracks on both shells. Packed it up to send it right back. What little I heard of the sound, to be honest it didn't impress more than the IM03. I actually prefer the IM03's sig over all three sigs in the Velvet. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #162 of 1,557
Mine looks like a hole is starting on the right earpiece. The left has a scratch. Love the sound though. They are going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back