EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Nov 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #121 of 1,557
Velvet sounds better for me now. My listening preference changed in this half year. I don't really like that over exaggerated type of vocals on TG334 now. The vocals of velvet sounds more nature to me. Also the soundstage of velvet is bigger then 334. If you like heavy coloration vocal, go for 334. For wide and nature sounding, go for velvet.

I have earsonics s-em6, but I want to try tg334, and se846. I thought they would be better s-em6

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #123 of 1,557
  it's getting worse very slowly, I guess might be I pressed too hard on it when I put It on my ear? But I never experience something like this before when I am using other earphone (I owned ue600vi, ue900, TG334, ie800, dita the truth before). The level of strength I used is same as usual. The quality of velvet will be too bad if it's really because of my pressing.
PS: actually I already changed a new pair in the local shop, but it cracked again after 2 days.....................( /_\)

Perhaps a couple of close up still photos of the cracks - we on the Velvet tour can then perhaps inspect the unit shuttling between members and get a feel for whether this is a design issue or representative of a bad batch of IEMs. No one wants to pay $750 for something and then have to deal with someone French about a problem. 
biggrin.gif

Non c'est la vie pour moi.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #127 of 1,557
  in my opinion I don't think 846 is better then s-em6. 334 and s-em6 are in the same level. 334 have heavier coloration on vocal.

They are really different flavors, the S-em6 is smoother, the 846 has more details, and the 334 is darker but bigger sound stage.
All are excellent in their own right, I own all three and would be hard pressed to get rid of anyone of them.

Cheers.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #128 of 1,557
Don't be sad bro. Contact Earsonics. Send them back you cracked velvet and they will change you a new pair.

oh, No...NO, NO! that means Velvet really does has a bad quality coating ( T^T). It is not only my problem...

Other guys who are going to have a Velvet on their hand , please treat it carefully!

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #129 of 1,557

Perhaps a couple of close up still photos of the cracks - we on the Velvet tour can then perhaps inspect the unit shuttling between members and get a feel for whether this is a design issue or representative of a bad batch of IEMs. No one wants to pay $750 for something and then have to deal with someone French about a problem. 
biggrin.gif

Non c'est la vie pour moi.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
I mean the cracks...

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #132 of 1,557
what was best for you??

I don't know if Carlsan would answer in the same way - but my answer to the above would be - Best? There is no best - there is simply signature - they are like children. Each has its own personality. Which is why when someone says something like "The W60 is better than the SE846." I chuckle - better means little at this level.

Now "worse" means something. There are often times when an IEM attempts to be perceived at the top level and really can't cut the mustard. That I understand and can agree with - but better? (or the really funny question - "Do you think A(iem) is 10% better than B(iem)?" 

Quick, let me get out my audio calculator 
gs1000.gif

EDIT: Some of the above photos are disheartening - One of my favorite features of the SE846 is build quality and presentation (box, accessories, etc...) For something close to $1000 to crack like that is unacceptable - these are to last for years - these are breaking in weeks. Unbelievable.

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #133 of 1,557
what was best for you??

Currently I go back to the 846 when I want to listen to more detail.
Understand that I have quite a few earphones, so this isn't really a popularity contest, but last time I listened to the 334's was last week, e-em6 probably about a month ago.
Next week may be different.
If left on desert Island, I would probably pick the .... can't decide, forget it.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 10, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #134 of 1,557
Really sorry to see and hear about the cracks. I've had mine for almost two weeks now and never had an issue with a crack of any sort. I hope it will stay like that as they a currently on loan to a close friend. I haven't been able to try the sem6 but having tried the se846 and tg334 several times, I'd still go with this Velvet. I won't say they're better as they each have their own advantages. I'd say the Velvets are more preferable to my tastes. Ugh...I want them back!

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #135 of 1,557
Just got the reply from Earsonics

"
Thank you for this information,

For the return of your Velvet no problem , 

Thanks to a international distributor return, we have identify a one day material injection problem on a punctual manufacturing serie, this problem only concern the right side shell, (less than 50 units are 

involved).

Anyone with a Velvet presenting this default (only on the right side) can contact Earsonics to enjoy an exchange with a new model.

We are very sorry of that  and we will do all the necessary to replace those units as soon as we receive it..

Cordialement / Sincerely 

"

I met that 2 of the (~50) ~_~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back