EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Oct 12, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #62 of 1,557
Oops, ignore this post
confused_face.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #63 of 1,557
Oct 15, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #66 of 1,557
Still more listening to do from me.  I have been compared them extensively with the SM64 and S-EM6 and briefly with the EM32 and Lear LUF BD4.2, which has quite a different sound signature.  I have also been listening with the knob at different settings, and not necessarily just the dots as the potentiometer is continuously variable.

I like the openness and the performance is closer to the S-EM6 than the SM64.  The SM64 is the most spacious, then the Velvet, then the S-EM6 (and EM32).  I have only tried the stock tips, so I am not sure how much the sound signature changes with ear tips, which has been a characteristic of EarSonics universals. 

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #67 of 1,557
  Still more listening to do from me.  I have been compared them extensively with the SM64 and S-EM6 and briefly with the EM32 and Lear LUF BD4.2, which has quite a different sound signature.  I have also been listening with the knob at different settings, and not necessarily just the dots as the potentiometer is continuously variable.

I like the openness and the performance is closer to the S-EM6 than the SM64.  The SM64 is the most spacious, then the Velvet, then the S-EM6 (and EM32).  I have only tried the stock tips, so I am not sure how much the sound signature changes with ear tips, which has been a characteristic of EarSonics universals. 

Take your time
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #70 of 1,557
Great review Joe ! Can you correct the post you said the SM64 were the most spacious ?

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #73 of 1,557

Great review Joe ! Can you correct the post you said the SM64 were the most spacious ?

The SM64 has a further presentation perspective that can sound more spacious in general, but the Velvet can project further as described in my comparison.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I always love reading your writings.

Thanks for reading!

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #74 of 1,557
Looks like tuneable/switchable IEMs are the trend nowadays. We are starting to see CIEMs with switches that give 2 different sound signatures such as the Noble PR/FR and Vision Ears VE6XC. For universals there is the Aurisonics ASG-2/2.5 and now the Earsonics Velvet.

The Velvet definitely looks interesting. Hopefully soon more reviews will come in and someone will be able to compare the Velvet with the ASG-2.5 and see how they stack up against each other.

Was browsing musicaacoutics website yesterday for some earphones and came across some on-going promotion for the Velvet (See link). Thought I'd like to share this with those who are interested in the Velvet, but if posting such links are not allowed do let me know so that I can remove them accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back