EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Oct 23, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #76 of 1,557
Yep, or Vision Ear

But the Velvet are the first with a potentiometer, I think

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #79 of 1,557
  AJ (or anybode else) correct me if I'm wrong but I think that actually one of the first companies introducing tunable sound was Lime Ears with their LE3SW.

There is a long history if you look at universals.  Sleek started it way back and other companies like Hippo also did so with filters/port sizes.  From an electrical standpoint, M-Fidelity (formerly Starkey Norway) is the first I can think of.  In CIEMs, Lime Ears is another with a switch.  Turning to potentiometers, there are now several in addition to those mentioned above including the Lear LCM & LUF BD4.2.  The UM PP6 uses an active EQ for sound tuning before the amp section of their active design.

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #80 of 1,557
Out of various universals I've tried up to date (all the Westone W and UMPRO series, couple of Shure se series, Audiofly performance series, JHA Roxanne, Heir Audio 3,4 ai, Aurisonics 2.5, UE triple.fi, Fidue A83, Phonak PFE232, and a whole bunch of others) I have loved my SM64 over all of them. Just ordered the Velvet and really hope I'll fall in love with them like I did with the SM64.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #81 of 1,557
  Out of various universals I've tried up to date (all the Westone W and UMPRO series, couple of Shure se series, Audiofly performance series, JHA Roxanne, Heir Audio 3,4 ai, Aurisonics 2.5, UE triple.fi, Fidue A83, Phonak PFE232, and a whole bunch of others) I have loved my SM64 over all of them. Just ordered the Velvet and really hope I'll fall in love with them like I did with the SM64.

Keen to hear how well your Velvet stacks up to the rest of them! 

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #82 of 1,557
  Keen to hear how well your Velvet stacks up to the rest of them! 

No problem! Just hoping they'd be my holy grail 
tongue.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #84 of 1,557

Does the earphoneshop in hyehwa carries SM64?

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #89 of 1,557
listened to the Velvet today at a shop in Hong Kong, so impressive! the sound stage is HUGE, even slightly bigger then my ie800, and the mid range is so milky and nice, the bass performance is the only part my ie800 can win (just a little bit better).

make me start considering to sell my ie800 and buy Velvet...

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #90 of 1,557
listened to the Velvet today at a shop in Hong Kong, so impressive! the sound stage is HUGE, even slightly bigger then my ie800, and the mid range is so milky and nice, the bass performance is the only part my ie800 can win (just a little bit better).

make me start considering to sell my ie800 and
buy Velvet...

Oh,my wallet where are you going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back