EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Dec 1, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #213 of 1,260
@TokenGesture 
@DocD

You guys have news on your order?

Mine still hasn't shipped, ordered friday morning early with UPS and look like it's going to be a week before I get them :frowning2:

Edit : At last, UPS has the parcel and it should be delivered tomorrow :)
They route via Köln in Germany because of the COP21 thing I guess Paris CDG (a few km from where I live was out of the equation... talk about carbon footprint oO)

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #214 of 1,260
  @TokenGesture 
@DocD

You guys have news on your order?

Mine still hasn't shipped, ordered friday morning early with UPS and look like it's going to be a week before I get them :frowning2:

Yes - emailed them, they replied due to number of orders they would ship early next week.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #215 of 1,260
My unit was shipped from Tokyo today. Well, I guess, another week of waiting. Meanwhile, got the Latoo Paw Gold yesterday. Let me tel you,
this is the end game dap for me. Can't wait to pair it with S-EM9s.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #216 of 1,260
Yes - emailed them, they replied due to number of orders they would ship early next week.

Hmmm, too bad I shouldn't complain then...

My unit was shipped from Tokyo today. Well, I guess, another week of waiting. Meanwhile, got the Latoo Paw Gold yesterday. Let me tel you,

And I can't wait to pair them with the ZX2 :)

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #217 of 1,260

Lotoo paw gold is a very nice player! I have a feeling is going to be a well-matched with sem9. Thats why i am interested too :D

Also, hm901s with a minibox gold card is another beast i am gonna pair it with my next-to-get sem9.

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #218 of 1,260
Hey buddy, I've been discussing your impressions of the paw gold vs 901S minibox gold with Don all morning!

You've almost indirectly convinced me to get the minibox gold but I need to sell the discrete card first :) Nice to hear you're getting the S-EM9 as well.

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #220 of 1,260
Hey buddy, I've been discussing your impressions of the paw gold vs 901S minibox gold with Don all morning!

You've almost indirectly convinced me to get the minibox gold but I need to sell the discrete card first :) Nice to hear you're getting the S-EM9 as well.
Can I get some of these impressions by PM :D even though I gave up on the 901...absolutely love the sound but what a brick.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #221 of 1,260
I didn't like SM3s but really like my Velvets better than all IEMs I had so far. I'm interested in SEM9s if bass quantity and depth is not less than Velvet's in warm mode.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #222 of 1,260

Yes. I would suggest to get the moniboxgold card. Based to what i am liking...they are amazing with hm901s. Very good with my JH-Angie (so does with my warmer tg334)..my feeling is so strong that this player is gonna be great with s-em9.

Dec 2, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #223 of 1,260
And the S-EM9 have arrived :)

Just spent an hour trying classical, jazz, indie, classic rock... 

First thing I noticed is the fit, for me way more comfortable than the Velvet less edges on the casing, shallower insertion and better isolation. Maybe a benefit of a different angle of insertion compared to the Velvet. MMCX is nicer because of the free rotation less adjustment of the memory wire is needed. Of course YMMV. Also the bore must be slightly narrower than Velvet, the SpinFits I used on the Velvet were just falling and I had to switch to the other pair which fit perfectly. The finish on those is perfect.

Now sound wise (with the default cable, waiting on Whiplash TWcu v3 OM I got at 60% discount), oh my the Velvet were sweet but the S-EM9 are sweeter definitely non fatiguing great for late and long sessions. The S-EM9 are warm but not much so for my taste just the right amount. As pointed out by @flinkenick the mid range is fuller and I think this will make the S-EM9 much more of an all rounder. I think coherence is quite better too everything just fits perfectly together. I do think that bass has better impact but that might be due to better lower mid range, I need more time with them. 

I love the tuning on the S-EM9, it makes listening a very euphonic and enjoyable experience :)

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #224 of 1,260
E-mailed them a couple of times but getting very non-specific and non committal answers about my order. No idea when it will ship. Guess I will give them more time before badgering them again.

Glad you guys are enjoying yours!

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #225 of 1,260
  And the S-EM9 have arrived :)

Now sound wise (with the default cable, waiting on Whiplash TWcu v3 OM I got at 60% discount)  

Awaiting your impressions later on, you have very different taste than mine (at least the jazz and classical part).

That's a pretty sweet deal you got on the cable man.. was it for some occasion or just solid negotiating? I'll be very curious to hear how a good copper performs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back