EarSonics' two flagships: the universal S-EM9, and new custom EM10.
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #586 of 1,260
  Guess it depends on treble preference? I don't find them artificial sounding.... then again I also have Dunu 2000J and ATH-m70x which make the Sony's sound almost veiled by comparison
blink.gif

Hmm doubt it I think it was more to do with how the sound was portrayed. To me personally tho this is from memory a while back now, I did not hear much coherence of music but rather "listen to all these details I can churn out" sorta thing.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #587 of 1,260
  Just take a needle and and try gently move center contact in male plug (cable part) 
Be careful, don't brake this contact.

So I was listening to the S-EM9 again and it was bugging the crap out of me.

How do you know where to move it to? And does the center pin actually move? It seems like it's in the center, not sure what to do here..

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #588 of 1,260
The more I think about it, the more I am in favor of 2 pin connectors... half of the MMCX I had happened to have some issues at one point or the other... let's hope something like T2 connectors becomes the new standard.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #589 of 1,260
  The more I think about it, the more I am in favor of 2 pin connectors... half of the MMCX I had happened to have some issues at one point or the other... let's hope something like T2 connectors becomes the new standard.

Hear, hear. MMCX sux. The advantage, I guess, is being able to rotate the earpiece freely, but that's kind of annoying too sometimes.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #590 of 1,260
  Hear, hear. MMCX sux. The advantage, I guess, is being able to rotate the earpiece freely, but that's kind of annoying too sometimes.

The concept is interesting but the implementation often faulty... T2 seems interesting, at some point a new standard is going to come up but good old 2 pin is more reliable.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #591 of 1,260
Advise against Linum BaX cable for S-EM9... very comfortable but seems like it causes them to lose some of the liveliness- Anyone wanting a Linum cable, probably better to wait for Super BaX production, which is supposed to be a more typical cable with minimal resistance.

Feb 3, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #592 of 1,260
  Advise against Linum BaX cable for S-EM9... very comfortable but seems like it causes them to lose some of the liveliness- Anyone wanting a Linum cable, probably better to wait for Super BaX production, which is supposed to be a more typical cable with minimal resistance.

I have tried Linum Balanced and I found it really really good and insanely comfortable, one thing to keep in mind is the cable impedance rated at 1.5ohm might explain this... Super BaX will be 0.75ohm I think.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #593 of 1,260
They are definitely insanely comfortable. Memory wire never really bothered me (though s-em9's stock cable a bit stiff), but hard to go back after Linum. I didn't think extra resistance would cause a difference because S-EM9 has relatively high impedance (vs something like my dunu 2000J is super low, 8 ohms or somthing).

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #595 of 1,260
I sold Velvet because someone offered almost-new price... Should I buy these?
biggrin.gif
  Anyone tried these with iPhone 6s? (I know it sounds like blasphemy to some of you, but I like iPhone 6s' sound quality, a lot). If they're not hard to drive like SM64, there should be no problems.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #596 of 1,260
  So I was listening to the S-EM9 again and it was bugging the crap out of me.

How do you know where to move it to? And does the center pin actually move? It seems like it's in the center, not sure what to do here..

I just took the needle and and gently moved the center pin around. After that for 2 months I have no problem. This is my Linum cable I am talking about. The stock cable never had the connection
problem.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #597 of 1,260
biggrin.gif
  Anyone tried these with iPhone 6s? (I know it sounds like blasphemy to some of you, but I like iPhone 6s' sound quality, a lot). If they're not hard to drive like SM64, there should be no problems.

I would go ahead and buy them if I were you. I tried them with my Iphone 6+ and the sounds pretty good. Not as good as with Latoo Paw Gold, though. As a matter of fact, SM9s sound better then
Shure KSE1500, which I bought 2 days ago and immediately returned the next day. These are totally not worth 3K. SM9 are on pair sound wise but for are more musical and I don't need to carry this freaking amp around.

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #598 of 1,260
biggrin.gif

Not at their best but they sound OK out of my A10 Walkman and Sansa Clip+, I imagine your iPhone would be better. IMO they go best with neutral source (my closest is slightly warm C5D), so iPhone might actually be a good fit (at least my impression of apple sound is that way).

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #599 of 1,260
Thanks guys, apparently it's out of stock though.
redface.gif
These must be selling like hot cakes... I'll order when it's in stock.

SM64 --> Velvet --> S-EM9

Seems like a natural progression. I can't listen to another brand's IEM after getting used to Earsonics' sound signature. That slight upper mid dip is a great idea (it was extreme with SM64 though).

Feb 3, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #600 of 1,260

I just took the needle and and gently moved the center pin around. After that for 2 months I have no problem. This is my Linum cable I am talking about. The stock cable never had the connection
problem.

Alright thanks man I'll give it another go. 

Shure KSE1500, which I bought 2 days ago and immediately returned the next day. These are totally not worth 3K. SM9 are on pair sound wise but for are more musical and I don't need to carry this freaking amp around.

Both of the reviews describe it as seriously underwhelming. You can get two TOTL's for the price, but it seems like even one is a better deal 
rolleyes.gif
 How would you generally describe them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back