Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Jul 13, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,576 of 1,656
I removed my filters...where would you get replacement ones (lost the originals)

Jul 13, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #1,578 of 1,656
Thanks.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #1,579 of 1,656
Wow. Just wow. My set just came today, and I broke them in for a few hours before trying them out, just straight out of my iPhone.

ZERO buyer's remorse here -- just as the reviews said, they're revealing, a tad warm, and damn musical. Thanks to everyone who reviewed these!

-G

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,581 of 1,656
Hi guys, I'm moving out soon, so I'm trying to offload some preloved stuff asap. If anyone wants the SM64 for a good price, it's in my sig.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,583 of 1,656
Hey guys. I know this is the impressions thread.. but I still wanted to ask. So I have owned my EarSonic SM64 v2 for the pas t 1year + have listened to them for about I'd say almost 70 hours total. I love them, I really do. Being in NYC it's a gift to have such IEM that isolate the sound from the outside world. I own the PFE 112, EarSonic SM64v2 and AiAiAi TMA-1 (not IEM) and switch between them. I don't carry my ES much because I get scared I might break them or something. So have taken them out only 2 times in the real world. My daily driver are my PFE 112 and TMA1's depending on the mood. I want to know for those who have owned, used or tried the SM64's what would you say is the next step up and worth upgrading to? I will be buying used from here :) (I believe in helping the community and saving a bit of money too) I have bought my stuff here and I love them all. Please any information would be awesome! Thank you again in advance. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,584 of 1,656
  Hey guys. I know this is the impressions thread.. but I still wanted to ask. So I have owned my EarSonic SM64 v2 for the pas t 1year + have listened to them for about I'd say almost 70 hours total. I love them, I really do. Being in NYC it's a gift to have such IEM that isolate the sound from the outside world. I own the PFE 112, EarSonic SM64v2 and AiAiAi TMA-1 (not IEM) and switch between them. I don't carry my ES much because I get scared I might break them or something. So have taken them out only 2 times in the real world. My daily driver are my PFE 112 and TMA1's depending on the mood. I want to know for those who have owned, used or tried the SM64's what would you say is the next step up and worth upgrading to? I will be buying used from here :) (I believe in helping the community and saving a bit of money too) I have bought my stuff here and I love them all. Please any information would be awesome! Thank you again in advance. 

To me, the SM64 has:
- a neutralish signature with slight warmth.
- a natural wide soundstage with good separation.
- forgiving to source, with gentle treble for prolonged listening.
- clear, euphonic mids and just the right amount of bass.

Another IEM that has these characteristics, but one step better, is the K10. That's off the top of my head at the moment.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #1,585 of 1,656
Thank you so much. What do you think about Shure se846? I haven't tried them, but I do hear good things about them. I will keep my SM64's I love them. Just also looking for room to expand. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #1,586 of 1,656
  Thank you so much. What do you think about Shure se846? I haven't tried them, but I do hear good things about them. I will keep my SM64's I love them. Just also looking for room to expand. 

Another good choice as well. SE846 has more of a bass-to-mids emphasis, gentle treble, and also excellent for prolonged listening. Definitely more comfortable than the K10, just as comfortable as the SM64. An added bonus is the changeable filters to customise your sound. Bass and mids are a clear step up from the SM64 in my opinion.

The only weakness I can think of for the SE846 is the relatively small soundstage. It's not as wide or airy as the SM64 (by memory, I've sold the 846 earlier this year).

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #1,587 of 1,656
Oh okay. I guess I'll look at the K10. It's a bit expensive on my end. I'm buying whatever I can used :)

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #1,590 of 1,656

Users who are viewing this thread

Back