Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
May 9, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #1,474 of 1,656
Hey everyone, I have another question for the tips discussion...
The Earsonics biflanges give my favourite sound, but they've gone very loose and don't stay on the earpiece well anymore. Therefore I'd like to try out some other tips. So far I've tried Westones Star and Tru-Fit tips, but au don't like the sound as much in either case, and I've tried the supplied Complys and liked the sound, but they get greasy and too squishy quickly and are very expensive to replace if I lose one.
So my question is, what is the tip that gives at least the same isolation as the biflange, has a wider bore for the sound did that I like, and will last better than the other tips that I've already tried?
Thanks in advance :)

May 9, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,475 of 1,656
Hey everyone, I have another question for the tips discussion...
The Earsonics biflanges give my favourite sound, but they've gone very loose and don't stay on the earpiece well anymore. Therefore I'd like to try out some other tips. So far I've tried Westones Star and Tru-Fit tips, but au don't like the sound as much in either case, and I've tried the supplied Complys and liked the sound, but they get greasy and too squishy quickly and are very expensive to replace if I lose one.
So my question is, what is the tip that gives at least the same isolation as the biflange, has a wider bore for the sound did that I like, and will last better than the other tips that I've already tried?
Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

FWIW, you'll find my opinion here, under "Third Party Ear Tips". As far as I remember the Earsonics biflanges aren't that expensive and can be ordered from their site (and/or possibly amazon.com). Yes, 2 EUR per pair (s or m)

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #1,481 of 1,656
I've been slowly window shopping for my next IEM. I'm currently using my beloved Audio Technica IM03. This is the over-all sound signature I want in my upgrade, as well: Slightly bright and airy, while maintaining quite a bit of warmth and smoothness. Great soundstage. Natural tonality.

Reading this thread, the SM64 sounds like it fits very well in the IM03 category, though a tier above, yes? Even though they possess the same number of BA drivers. As they say, it's not the size that counts, but how you use it. :)

The greatest tips I've found for the IM03 are the JVC Spiral Dots. So far I haven't read anyone pairing them with the SM64. I'm quite sure they won't fit without some modification. But the core of some Comply foam ought to do the trick.

Anyone interested in trying for me?

I'm a few months off from making a purchase of this size. With my Christmas bonus, I'll likely upgrade my X5 to the Cayin N6. Then with tax return, I'll be ready for a new IEM. Quite likely, this lovely Earsonic. If I can wait that long. :xf_eek:

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #1,482 of 1,656
EarSonics have some announcement scheduled for 30.09.2015, it is currently teased on their website. It is not the recently released and updated SM2
popcorn.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #1,483 of 1,656
EarSonics have some announcement scheduled for 30.09.2015, it is currently teased on their website. It is not the recently released and updated SM2
:popcorn:  

Well, I'm on the verge of ordering the SM64's, so I hope it's not an update to them! :D I'd hate to put 400 to the iem's and see an updated version available a few weeks later... :/

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,484 of 1,656
I might be selling mine in the next few weeks - anyone interested? They'd come alcohol wiped, in excellent condition (I got them re-shelled by Earsonics a few months ago) and with a whole bunch of Westone eartips...

Sep 7, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,485 of 1,656
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281776000661?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Users who are viewing this thread

Back