Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,486 of 1,656
Sep 7, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,487 of 1,656
I almost bid on thay exact auction a week ago. Shipping was too expensive.

I'm quite happy I didn't, for I went with the JH Audio Angie instead. AK120II>balanced out>Angie is a system to die for.

I saw your ad, I'm not going to sell them cheaper than they cost now because the cable is there as well costs about 120 USD

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,488 of 1,656
I understand. No price would be good for me now. This setup of mine has set me back for a good long time to come.

Listening to it now, it's worth every penny. :)

Sep 7, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #1,489 of 1,656
Well, I'm on the verge of ordering the SM64's, so I hope it's not an update to them!
biggrin.gif
I'd hate to put 400 to the iem's and see an updated version available a few weeks later... :/

Sort of the same thing happened to me.
Earsonics announced the SM64 the day I wanted to order the SM3.
Thought to myself :"whatever, I'm taking one for the team" and ordered them.
And what a great decision that was (not just because I got extra tips and a neat CIEM case because I was one of the first ten or so people who ordered the SM64)!
Still loving them. Only other IEMs I want are the Velvet or S-EM6 (for obvious reasons).
Needless to say that I'm really excited to see what they have to announce!

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #1,490 of 1,656
Sort of the same thing happened to me.

Earsonics announced the SM64 the day I wanted to order the SM3.

Thought to myself :"whatever, I'm taking one for the team" and ordered them.

And what a great decision that was (not just because I got extra tips and a neat CIEM case because I was one of the first ten or so people who ordered the SM64)!

Still loving them. Only other IEMs I want are the Velvet or S-EM6 (for obvious reasons).

Needless to say that I'm really excited to see what they have to announce!

I have been looking at Earsonics since Canjam two weeks ago as I was impressed by their sound signature (velvets and sm2 ifi).

The Earsonics distributor at the show, Dimitri from Musica Acoustics revealed to me that EarSonics will be releasing a flagship model that's similar to the S-EM6 price range and that those aiming at Sm64 should not worry about it.

Judging by how Velvet was a performance improvement over the SM64, I personally would go for the velvets than the sm64 if one could afford it.

Sep 8, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,491 of 1,656
Judging by how Velvet was a performance improvement over the SM64, I personally would go for the velvets than the sm64 if one could afford it.

Oh sure.
Price of the Velvet seems reasonable to me unlike the S-EM6.
Would only consider that flagship once I figure out how to schiit money.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #1,492 of 1,656
I hope they also add the new T2 connectors to more of their IEMs, or at least the models above EUR 400-500

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #1,494 of 1,656
There is now an ominous '8' on their website. Could that be an 8-driver universal? 
popcorn.gif

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,498 of 1,656

As can been seen in the above picture the filters aren’t filters in the traditional sense but simply a pair of very thin hollow metallic cylinders (these filters look rather thick in the picture, but I’d guess they’re only a tenth of a millimetre or so). For this reason I would be surprised if the effect of removing the filters would be very significant at all – be it good or bad - for most listeners.

And @Aero Dynamik The metallic cylinders are not hollow. There is a "filter" inside. That's why there's no difference to you, yours ain't got anything inside. Don't know why, maybe already removed or pushed inside. But I believe SM64 still are a great deal for the price and signature. And that's not correct info for FP. It's something like this, an acustic damper (the all piece) as you might know:

I just bought some, with different frequencies, to try with the SM64. By the way, the stock "inside filter" is white.

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #1,499 of 1,656
Great information on these filters, I wasn't aware of them until I noticed the sound on the right side became a bit muffled sounding. The filter is still intact on the left hand side and sounds completely normal. I believe the filter may have been pushed in somehow on the right side leading to this muffled sound. 
Anyone else have this happen? 

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #1,500 of 1,656
I removed the filters trying to get more bass...are these ordered from Earsonics or elsewhere? I would replace them if it weren't too expensive and difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back