Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #152 of 1,656
I see ...  In that case, I probably have the V1. The treble is just right for me, not sure if I want to mod it to reduce brightness, its already warm enough. I actually wish there is more  treble similar to ie800 or the TH900 just a slight lift in the mid treble. Is there anymore difference between the 2 versions beside treble diff.. What about the bass, soundstage PRAT etc.. 

Also anyone know if there is a V2 version currently selling. I actually like to AB and report back here. 

I saw one in amazon, do u guys think its the v2?

These are the changes that come with the v2 as stated by Earsonics.
Let me know what you think when you get to A/B them.

Details:
-As a result, we obtain a better control of the spectral balance (medium "sauce Earsonics" upper midrange and deleting any sibilance on some players high listening levels) with better support in the lower spectrum used in low power drives ...
-Lowering the overall impedance of 95 ohms headphones for better "driving" with low level players such iPod, J3, etc..
With this modification, the SM64 can perfectly go amp to operate ... Use an amp certainly improve the listening experience (as with our EM4 and EM6) but it is not mandatory.

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #154 of 1,656
Quote:
With tuning the highs and obtained less sibilant..is that gonna be affecting the lows and the mid?

The lows are the same but the mids are more forward. Not THAT much but noticeable.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #160 of 1,656
Quote:
Folks, in the spirit of a good head-fi citizen, I just order another SM64 to compared between version 1 and 2. I will report back when I get a chance.

You, sir, are a true hero :')
I know my short comparsion between these two sucked...

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #163 of 1,656
I am very happy this morning, the SM64 V.2 just arrived.

Wow, there is noticeable differences between both version... I can't believe it.  even packaging has improved and entirely diff. V2 has its own manual .. finally.
Inert is diff too! hahaha..

More testing coming..

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #164 of 1,656
I am very happy this morning, the SM64 V.2 just arrived.

Wow, there is noticeable differences between both version... I can't believe it.  even packaging has improved and entirely diff. V2 has its own manual .. finally.
Inert is diff too! hahaha..

More testing coming..

where did you order the v2?
how do the innards and manual look like in both versions?

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #165 of 1,656
Quote:
where did you order the v2?
how do the innards and manual look like in both versions?

Amazon.com with 3rd party vendor sound earphone. I called them and the sales rep make a point to verify with earsonic that their stock is version 2. They even sent me an email to verify that claim. And it's v2 that I have now.

promised u I will return later when I get more time.. Very busy weekend for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back