EarSonics S-EM6 & S-EM6v2 Six driver universal IEM
Jan 2, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #347 of 690
Jan 4, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #348 of 690
Hi I have both 846 and S-EM6. More than 100 hours each.

846 are very neutral in nature and they do not chose source, DAP, AMP, or genre of music that much.

Treble, mids, and Lows. They are just there as they are supposed to be and nothing is lacking.

S-EM6 is also very nicely balanced however compared to 846 the sound is much much more thicker, warmer, and kind of concentrated.

Some may say the sound is dark due to thickness but I d explain the S-EM6 sound ORGANIC.

Because of this nature some music may sound easier to listen to with 846.

Despite of the fact above I personally prefer S-EM6 cuz to my ears most of the times music sound more lively, energetic, and fun to listen.

I switch from S-EM6 to 846 whenever my ears need a rest :wink:

Jan 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #349 of 690

846 are very neutral in nature and they do not chose source, DAP, AMP, or genre of music that much.

Treble, mids, and Lows. They are just there as they are supposed to be and nothing is lacking.

S-EM6 is also very nicely balanced however compared to 846 the sound is much much more thicker, warmer, and kind of concentrated.

Some may say the sound is dark due to thickness but I d explain the S-EM6 sound ORGANIC.

Despite of the fact above I personally prefer S-EM6 cuz to my ears most of the times music sound more lively, energetic, and fun to listen.

I switch from S-EM6 to 846 whenever my ears need a rest
wink.gif

Thanks for your comment , I liked sm3 so much  because of 3D soundstage ... what do you think about 3d soundstage for s-em6 ?

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #350 of 690

Thanks for your comment , I liked sm3 so much  because of 3D soundstage ... what do you think about 3d soundstage for s-em6 ?

I used to have SM3 v2 but not now so this is based on my memory.

I think the sound stage of S-EM6 as well can be called 3D and especially it is wide from left to right.

Differences to note should be 

one, S-EM6 sounds thicker so that even though the sound stage is actually wide to be called 3D, your head room is
 going to be "filled up" with music which may be very unique experience with S-EM6.

two, S-EM6 has deeper bass. Quantity-wise it shouldn't be for bass-heads but still remarkable.

So wile the sound stage of S-EM6 is actually quite spacious, the taste is not really so just because my head is filled up with music;

but still, the feeling is like viewing my favorite band right in front of the stage and it's very nice of course if you are looking for this kind of taste.

This is unique.

I know some people prefer more ordinary IEM sound (thinner, spacious as a taste) but to me at least this is very very appealing.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #351 of 690
I now have the Crystal edition, which is much better than the previous S-EM6 I had.  Max from EarSonics told me that two drivers were defective in mine and the sound signature is much better and in line with other EarSonics products.  I compared with the EM4 and the S-EM6 is right up there with it in my scoring system, which is impressive for a universal.  It is a good step up from the SM64 with superior coherence and transparency, leading to a much more musical and complete performance.

Jan 16, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #352 of 690

I switch from S-EM6 to 846 whenever my ears need a rest
wink.gif

Ugh! Only if I had those two I think I would be happy....for at least a couple months hehe

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #353 of 690
Ugh! Only if I had those two I think I would be happy....for at least a couple months hehe

Just be careful as S-EM6 might not be pleasing at first because of Earsonics house sound which has uniqueness. You might require some time.

I am aware some people tend to write as though this is crappy, only after short time using... Perhaps that's due to the fact that this one is expensive, thus very high expectation, but still highly irresponsible.

Earsonics is beloved by so many musicians in France and there is reason behind it. Even when this is not his or her taste, can never be crappy.

Jan 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #354 of 690
Just be careful as S-EM6 might not be pleasing at first because of Earsonics house sound which has uniqueness. You might require some time.

I am aware some people tend to write as though this is crappy, only after short time using... Perhaps that's due to the fact that this one is expensive, thus very high expectation, but still highly irresponsible.

Earsonics is beloved by so many musicians in France and there is reason behind it. Even when this is not his or her taste, can never be crappy.

I don't know how long eke had his demo unit but he called the S-EM6 super super dark and veiled.
Pretty rough, coming from someone who loves the ASG2 quiet a lot.
Well, maybe he had a weird pair like joe here.

Jan 16, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #355 of 690
I don't know how long eke had his demo unit but he called the S-EM6 super super dark and veiled.
Pretty rough, coming from someone who loves the ASG2 quiet a lot.
Well, maybe he had a weird pair like joe here.

May be so, but it seems it's not only him to react that way.

I presume this is more because Earsonics is offering very unique sound that is thick and warm, also with lot of harmonics. Especially in the case of S-EM6 I feel like my headroom is really filled up.

I think not so many other IEMs can offer this experience so people with negative feeling might be just surprised, as this is so much different from what they have known before.

What is unfortunate is that there is more chance of people just do a quick test on S-EM6 to write bad review about it, rather than actually owing it to say a good thing.
When IEM is expensive and has sound sig not very impressive in first sight, this can happen.

Jan 16, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #357 of 690

I am aware some people tend to write as though this is crappy, only after short time using....

I experienced this when I first listened, but after some time it grew on me like no other IEM has ever done before. its full of musicality, I feel really connected to the music, fatigue free, although depending on the source used it may lack a bit of treble as I noticed when used with AK120.

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #359 of 690

Well I do have the SM64. It hasn't been long since I've had them and I couldn't get into them first. And I found the housing really uncomfortable as well. But it's starting grow on me :) Is the housing of similar shape? 

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #360 of 690
Well I do have the SM64. It hasn't been long since I've had them and I couldn't get into them first. And I found the housing really uncomfortable as well. But it's starting grow on me :) Is the housing of similar shape? 

It is much larger than SM64 but the shape is different, so it is hard to tell how it fits you.

In my case it is quite comfortable since I have found right ear tips.
I am using Westone True Form now but others are saying Westone Star tips (Silicone) are also good.

I think the tip choice is more crucial for s-em6 than for other IEMs, sonically as well as comfort-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back