Earsonics Hybrid "Stark" and "Blade"....
Apr 30, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #61 of 100
Rollk : David made his review with IGN8 an you a DUNU cable .. real improvement over stock cable?

I used the ISN AG8 and PW Audio n°10 as well, my Hulk is damaged (EM10 socket too tight pushed the 2 pin inside on one side...) need to get it repaired but I can see how it would benefit the Stark as Hulk is top notch at bass control...

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #62 of 100
I tried the Stark with the Dunu Cable only in balanced mode, that was nice and wide, but in fact I believe I prefer the stock cable in unbalanced mode... Not so sure, I need to test accurately the Dunu in unbalanced to be sure. The fact is also that the Dunu is really heavy and not so confortable compared to the excellent stock cable.

May 1, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #64 of 100
So I finally have started cable rolling with the Stark. It does respond well, too me cables are never night and day, but the stock cable is not bad. The two cables I enjoy are PW Audio, the No. 10 and the 1960 2-wire. For me, cables are more about comfort, ergonomics and build. The No. 10 is a wonderful, relatively cost effective upgrade.

May 1, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #65 of 100
I've many cables to try at home but I think exactly like you @subguy812, cable is more for ergonomics then sound improvement.
Today I played with eartips and discovered the Sedna, a bit cut, with Symbio foam. The canula is extremely short and seal is almost in the outer ear, therefore isolation is reduced compared to other eartips, but the sound is even better than with the Final Audio Type E. It's a shame I do not have the standard ES single eartips in M size to compare with...

May 11, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #67 of 100
Nice informative review, did you compare it with another iem?

May 11, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #68 of 100
Nice informative review, did you compare it with another iem?

Thanks!

There are so many IEMs that it is hard to do them all. That said, the Stark are right there towards the very top of the list IMO!

May 25, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #71 of 100
Can any 2 pin aftermarket cable be used on stark? In one review it says that the polarity is reversed and you need an adaptor. I can get a really good deal on a stark about 40% off should I go for it?????

You don't need an adaptor at all, I would know :)
All my earsonics IEM work great without me needing to plug them reverse from the normal way I use all my third party cable with my IEMs :p

From what I recall, the problem with polarity would occur only if one side was plugged one way and the other reversed then you'd have a phase problem no matter that the polarity is "reversed" or not.

Edit : found an article about this

"Polarity is a very simple concept. Any electrical signal has polarity, and it is a reference to the signal’s position or voltage above or below the median line. A device which inverts the polarity of a signal will simply swap positive voltage to negative voltage and vice versa. Electrically, it is as simple as reversing the positive and negative terminals. Electrically summing a signal with an inverted-polarity time-synchronous copy of itself results in complete cancellation."

https://totalproaudio.stevebunting.com/30/basics/phase-or-polarity/

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #72 of 100
Wow the prices of this brand are very high for my budget.
can you tell me what these 2 IEMs cost?
on the website I found lots of prices for other IEMs. But I didn’t find these 2.
only the page that shows them off. But when I click SHOP. I went to another page with other IEMs. But not
the stark or the blade.
thanks.

May 26, 2020 at 4:48 AM Post #73 of 100
Can any 2 pin aftermarket cable be used on stark? In one review it says that the polarity is reversed and you need an adaptor. I can get a really good deal on a stark about 40% off should I go for it?????
Could you tell me where? Thanks in advance!

Jun 8, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #74 of 100
My review of Stark is live on Audio Rabbit Hole. Will follow up on Head-Fi in a couple of days. Thanks for checking it out!

https://audiorabbithole.com/earsonics-stark-review/

20200608_221039.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back