Earsonics Hybrid "Stark" and "Blade"....
Mar 18, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #46 of 100
As others reviewers said the burn in process is quite long and rather noticeable on the stark.. when achieved the quality of the bass is very very good. More precisely I would say that :
- despite a massive slam and bass presence that is in background it is no more meddling with the other instruments which remain astonishingly separated from other instruments/frequency.. as it was a specific layer in the mix.. very good (still a iem with big bass)
- IMHO I would say that the bass has an average attack speed - certainly not slow- with a longer decay than BA (just compared to UM MIRACLE v1 yesterday) : but cater them with fast bass tracks as JAMIROCAI or RED HOT or WHIPLASH motion sound track or hard rock and you’ll notice that bass are fast and so punchy .
The adjective I would use is round and impactful as opposed to a dry bass.

listening them for 4 months I’m really amazed by the quality of the texture in sub area .. lot of details and nuances .. it does notes in sub part.. very good also

Mar 18, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #47 of 100
As others reviewers said the burn in process is quite long and rather noticeable on the stark.. when achieved the quality of the bass is very very good. More precisely I would say that :
- despite a massive slam and bass presence that is in background it is no more meddling with the other instruments which remain astonishingly separated from other instruments/frequency.. as it was a specific layer in the mix.. very good (still a iem with big bass)
- IMHO I would say that the bass has an average attack speed - certainly not slow- with a longer decay than BA (just compared to UM MIRACLE v1 yesterday) : but cater them with fast bass tracks as JAMIROCAI or RED HOT or WHIPLASH motion sound track or hard rock and you’ll notice that bass are fast and so punchy .
The adjective I would use is round and impactful as opposed to a dry bass.

listening them for 4 months I’m really amazed by the quality of the texture in sub area .. lot of details and nuances .. it does notes in sub part.. very good also
This is one of the first post that makes sense regarding the Stark. As I collect my thoughts to write the review. I was surprised that the bass was described as slow. The decay may linger and give that impression. I would say it is of an average speed, but not slow.

Mar 18, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #48 of 100
Thank’s .. and I should state that during the 50 first hours of burning process I had doubts about wether I would keep them.. now there is an wonderful coherency within an intentional design signature.. a must in that category

Mar 18, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #49 of 100
but cater them with fast bass tracks as JAMIROCAI or RED HOT or WHIPLASH motion sound track or hard rock and you’ll notice that bass are fast and so punchy .
It will be slow for a technical death metal with up to 260 bpm of the kick drum), BA only can handle...

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #52 of 100
And finally, here it is, my review for Stark : https://iem.reviews/2020/04/15/earsonics-stark-rockin/

iem.reviews – In ear monitor reviews by davidmolliere 2020-04-15 09-56-59.jpg

Blade is coming up very soon as well :)

Apr 15, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #53 of 100
Apr 16, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #54 of 100
And finally, here it is, my review for Stark : https://iem.reviews/2020/04/15/earsonics-stark-rockin/

iem.reviews – In ear monitor reviews by davidmolliere 2020-04-15 09-56-59.jpg

Blade is coming up very soon as well :)
Very good description that reveals the indeed « specialized » but successful design of the stark in that regard.. Never heard about the 64 N8 or the EE VALKYRIE But from description it seems it belongs to a similar category ?

David aside from the player used did you noticed a noticeable improvement with the cables you mentioned?
thanks

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #55 of 100
I'm listening to the Stark with the Hulk Dunu cable on WM1A balanced output since yesterday, and after some troubles with eartips I begin now to really discover those beasts! What a pleasure! That's an extremly coherent IEM, the soundstage is like a glove, really surrounding without discontinuity. Stereo effect is excellent as is the phase alignment, each time I come back to them I'm amazed by that coherency...

First time I listened to them, last week, I was like "what, where is the rumble? And bass impact?", but in fact I had issue with eartips... I'm not a big cable believer, but regarding eartips I'm one! That's a critical part of the listening experience with all IEMs and the EarSonics Stark is no exception.
Bass impact seems to be between EM10 and EM64, maybe more than EM64 but not as quick and with lot more rumble than this latter. In fact that kind of sub bass extension is more like the EM32 one, so satisfying... but luckily in a lesser quantity. Bass quality is here and offered in a different way than the EM10 one. Clearly the dynamic driver offers a complete different listening experience and resolution is on paar with the relatively high price. Seems actually reasonable regarding the other brand's pricing and offer.

I don't know why but first I believed the Stark was a V shaped IEM, but that's not really the case. OK, the bass are really emphasized compared to the most neutral IEM, but not so much, especially compared to the EM10 and more particularly to the FiR M5 where voices are much more recessed.

Regarding the mids region, EarSonics is as usual with voice's tuning since the S-EM9, still on the emotional side we know, but with a very refined and enhanced high mids. Simply beautiful, and from my little experience in that domain maybe the most beautiful tuning in high mids. But OK, resolution wise that's not the EM10, but not so far... I need a bit more time to confirm that assessment. Indeed, the Stark gives that bite on voices with the details and depth on throaty and lip sounds.

The treble part is snap and detailed, that's a very engaging region as usual with EarSonics and luckily that's permissive with bad records like old dub I like to listen to. I don't want to talk to much about that because I need more time to be sure about that claim, but what's sure is that's not peaky.

Quality wise, that IEM is exactly what I expected for years! Strong and excellent build quality, associated with the Dunu Hulk I'm sure that will last for years!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #56 of 100
@MATWIN94 : which eartips are you using? I love the ES biflange but it lacks a bit of isolation compared to Final Audio Type E with integrated Symbio W foam... Both provide the best bass but the ES biflange has the best mids and highs. If I could find best of both worlds...

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #57 of 100
@MATWIN94 : which eartips are you using? I love the ES biflange but it lacks a bit of isolation compared to Final Audio Type E with integrated Symbio W foam... Both provide the best bass but the ES biflange has the best mids and highs. If I could find best of both worlds...
I haven’t been trying hybrids nor biflange - those I had did not fit with me but I should search furthermore - but after 150 hrs of burn in - which is necessary for settling them down properly - I ended with ONE FINAL E and ONE EARPHONES PLUS XXL. Initially a was with the sedna but the big bore brought a medium emphasis that was a bit too much for my taste and tended to slightly affect perceived depth and imaging .. foams are to be banned with the starks

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #59 of 100
It depends on one’s earshape but I ordered audiotechnica Er ck50L on Amazon japan .. which I found very good (have all known brands) the bullet shape is accentuated and work very well for clean and powerful bass I would say

Users who are viewing this thread

Back