Earmolds or reshell ?
Oct 29, 2012 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

levonhelm

100+ Head-Fier
Hi 

I really like my westone 4 but i would like they would be more confortable and with a permanent good fit

so i would like to know what will be the better solution between a reshelling and some earmolds.

the earmolds can give me a possibility to change my IEM not the reshelling

Can i have some problems with earmolds and what can they are ?

thanks for your opinion 

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Because comfort is a concern I think having your Westone 4 reshelled into a custom in ear mold is going to be your best solution.  You can read more about that process here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2012-1964-ears-custom-iems-and-remolding-service

Depending upon where you live the costs for the remolding ( Audiologist ) and reshelling ( 1964 Ears ) will be around $300.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Because comfort is a concern I think having your Westone 4 reshelled into a custom in ear mold is going to be your best solution.  You can read more about that process here:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2012-1964-ears-custom-iems-and-remolding-service

Depending upon where you live the costs for the remolding ( Audiologist ) and reshelling ( 1964 Ears ) will be around $300.

300?! Jebus re-shelling is that expensive nowadays? I got my UM re-shelled for less than $150 4 years ago

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 9
With unique melody the price is 160 USD but you have to pay Also for a cable and the audiologist too

With earmolds the price Will be about 110 USD + audiologist ( earsonics by exemple)

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #6 of 9
Hi guys, I recently purchased a pair if Sony xba-3, I felt that the stock tips fit ok. Is it really worth the $140 bucks(I called an audiologist in Toronto) to make custom tips?

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Hi guys, I recently purchased a pair if Sony xba-3, I felt that the stock tips fit ok. Is it really worth the $140 bucks(I called an audiologist in Toronto) to make custom tips?

If I were going to pay that much, I would think it's much more cost effective to get a full re-shell. That way, you get an almost perfect fit of a CIEM, increased durability, and a socket now for replaceable cables. Not to mention they looks awesome now. But with that said, that's going to cost you a bit more, but if you're planning on spending $140+ for TIPS only, why not go the full deal?

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #8 of 9
If I were going to pay that much, I would think it's much more cost effective to get a full re-shell. That way, you get an almost perfect fit of a CIEM, increased durability, and a socket now for replaceable cables. Not to mention they looks awesome now. But with that said, that's going to cost you a bit more, but if you're planning on spending $140+ for TIPS only, why not go the full deal?

http://www.heartoronto.ca/custom_sleeves.aspx

This is the only site in my area that does it.
For the $140 Canadian
I get the impression, the custom sleeves and the fitting appointment, with the custom sleeve the cables aren't removable though

In your opinion, should I just ask the audiologist to make the impressions and not hav them make the sleeve and I should just send th impression and iem off to like InEars or something to reshell?

Oct 31, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
http://www.heartoronto.ca/custom_sleeves.aspx
This is the only site in my area that does it.
For the $140 Canadian
I get the impression, the custom sleeves and the fitting appointment, with the custom sleeve the cables aren't removable though
In your opinion, should I just ask the audiologist to make the impressions and not hav them make the sleeve and I should just send th impression and iem off to like InEars or something to reshell?

I would think that is the more "cost" effective solution IMO if I had the money. InEarz is cheap, but if you want really good quality, I suggest Heir or Unique Melody highly. InEarz is pretty much you get what you pay for and Heir and UM are flawless works of art IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back