EarMen Sparrow
Mar 17, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #241 of 354
Friends

I got my Sparrow today, i have also Tidal Premium and UAPP APK.
I tried the Sparrow, works without noise BUT it's light never turn to magenta, There is only green light.

Should I purchase an MQA certificate from within the UAPP application?

Thanks
iemLover
If you want MQA, you will have to buy it from UAPP app.

Mar 18, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #244 of 354
I purchased extra OTG cable with Earman Sparrow, seller suggested it, but there was no need to use the extra OTG cable, the stock OTG was completely adequate. I am using Oneplus 5 (4 years old) Android phone and there was no problem with stock OTG cable.

iemLover

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #246 of 354
I purchased extra OTG cable with Earman Sparrow, seller suggested it, but there was no need to use the extra OTG cable, the stock OTG was completely adequate. I am using Oneplus 5 (4 years old) Android phone and there was no problem with stock OTG cable.

iemLover
Are you using the single ended or balanced connection? As I mentioned in a couple of posts, single ended is always silent and balanced is always noisy. I know I'm repeating myself but not everybody goes back and reads previous posts, so I'll mention that even the balanced becomes silent if you turn on airplane mode and turn off Wi-Fi

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #247 of 354
Are you using the single ended or balanced connection? As I mentioned in a couple of posts, single ended is always silent and balanced is always noisy. I know I'm repeating myself but not everybody goes back and reads previous posts, so I'll mention that even the balanced becomes silent if you turn on airplane mode and turn off Wi-Fi
This is not quite true. I just got my sparrow. It came with 2 usb C wires, a short one and a long(er) one. The latter it is a shielded cable. With the short one I get crackles and pops from the balanced output. But with the longer one... silence. However, I am inquiring for a short shielded cable for convinience...

Mar 18, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #248 of 354
I am using Mangird Tea iem + 2.5 mm KBEAR rhyme 8 core balanced cable. There is no any noise. This is interesting because i didn't check and upgrade the latest firmware yet. I haven't Windows 10 PC, i will upgrade the firmware tomorrow with my friend's notebook.

iemLover

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #249 of 354
Screenshot_20210318-195849~3.jpg

Screenshot_20210318-195900~2.jpg

My cables.
I have no idea if my Sparrow cable is new or old type. I just know it works fine. The other cable is the OTG cable the seller recommended to me.

iemLover

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #250 of 354

My cables.
I have no idea if my Sparrow cable is new or old type. I just know it works fine. The other cable is the OTG cable the seller recommended to me.

iemLover
My included cable looks like the one you have. Let us know when you get a chance how that other cable works for you. When I ordered my Sparrow directly from Earmen they told me it would have the latest firmware but I think I better check to be sure. Anyone know if I can check that while it's attached to the Android or do I need to plug it into a Windows 10 computer? Thanks in advance

Edit: I did a web search and found that it requires a Windows 10 computer to do the update of the firmware. Amazing what you can learn from the internet. Duh!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #252 of 354
But I have to say that something like a "click" sounds once in the 4th or 5th seconds of the beginning of a song. I guess it will be fixed when the new firmware is installed. I hope.

iemLover
Listen when you are not plying any music... If it is total silence you are OK. Check and let us know...
It appears from the looks of the cables you have mine are different... But maybe this is because my sparrow was shipped from Europe.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #253 of 354
This is not quite true. I just got my sparrow. It came with 2 usb C wires, a short one and a long(er) one. The latter it is a shielded cable. With the short one I get crackles and pops from the balanced output. But with the longer one... silence. However, I am inquiring for a short shielded cable for convinience...
When you say one longer cable how long are you talking about? I received two short cables with mine. One is USBC to USBC. The other is USBC to USBA which I don't really have any use for.

Mar 19, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #254 of 354
When you say one longer cable how long are you talking about? I received two short cables with mine. One is USBC to USBC. The other is USBC to USBA which I don't really have any use for.
I received the ones you have plus a longer one about 30 cm usb C to usb C. Probably this is the new batch of sparrow, recognizing the noise issue they have...

Mar 19, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #255 of 354
I received the ones you have plus a longer one about 30 cm usb C to usb C. Probably this is the new batch of sparrow, recognizing the noise issue they have...
Thanks. I think I will request that Earmen send me one of those and see if they do it. Sounds like they have shipped cables out to other customers in the past

Users who are viewing this thread

Back