Earbuds vs In-ear headphones
Oct 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cpper

New Head-Fier
Hello :)
Are In-ear headphones better than classic earbuds ? Which one of them is better in sound quality and which in bass ? Which type do you prefer ? I need to buy new earphones because my old pair broke, but I can't decide what type to choose.Please help me :)

Could you maybe help me here too ? http://www.head-fi.org/t/686006/earphones-advice

It's awful without music :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 4
If you can afford it, buy both. That way you can use whichever you're in the mood for. Usually I prefer the open sound of classic earbuds, but sometimes I want to use in-ear headphones (or, in my case, canalphones) to block out outside noise. Also, sometimes I want more bass, so I use the canalphones. When I start to get sick of the sound, I switch back to my classic earbuds. Another thing about classic earbuds is they don't get as much ear wax on them as in-ear headphones, so you don't have to clean them nearly as often. In fact, I clean my canalphones every time before I use them and after as well.

Oct 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 4
thanks vhobhstr :)
i can afford just one pair :frowning2: You said that that the canalphones have more bass. But what about the sound clarity,do you preffer one of them for it ?

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 4
My earbuds have better clarity than my canalphones. However my earbuds (Sennheiser MX880, MX980) are some of the best available, but with my canalphones (Sony MDR-NC13) sound quality seems to be second in importance to noise cancellation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back