1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds vs In-ear headphones

1. cpper
    Hello :)
    Are In-ear headphones better than classic earbuds ? Which one of them is better in sound quality and which in bass ? Which type do you prefer ? I need to buy new earphones because my old pair broke, but I can't decide what type to choose.Please help me :)

Could you maybe help me here too ? http://www.head-fi.org/t/686006/earphones-advice

It's awful without music :frowning2:

2. vhobhstr
    If you can afford it, buy both. That way you can use whichever you're in the mood for. Usually I prefer the open sound of classic earbuds, but sometimes I want to use in-ear headphones (or, in my case, canalphones) to block out outside noise. Also, sometimes I want more bass, so I use the canalphones. When I start to get sick of the sound, I switch back to my classic earbuds. Another thing about classic earbuds is they don't get as much ear wax on them as in-ear headphones, so you don't have to clean them nearly as often. In fact, I clean my canalphones every time before I use them and after as well.

3. cpper
    thanks vhobhstr :)
    i can afford just one pair :frowning2: You said that that the canalphones have more bass. But what about the sound clarity,do you preffer one of them for it ?

4. vhobhstr
    My earbuds have better clarity than my canalphones. However my earbuds (Sennheiser MX880, MX980) are some of the best available, but with my canalphones (Sony MDR-NC13) sound quality seems to be second in importance to noise cancellation.