Earbuds that leak as little sound as possible
Sep 9, 2010 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

aweesit

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, first post! 
smile_phones.gif

I've been looking for a pair of earbuds (not canalphones or headphones) and I'm kinda stuck.  I've been using a pair of Sennheiser PX-200's for the past 3 years and I'm very happy with them (I've read less than glowing reviews on it, but I love its natural not-too-bassy sound).  However, I've been doing a lot more commuting lately and with that a lot more walking and sweating.  Since I am naturally quite sweaty, I noticed the earpads of the PX's disintegrate more in the past 3 months than in the past 3 years prior to that when I would take a car.  I've actually replaced the earpads already but after about 2 weeks, I can already feel them softening from my acidic sweat.  At the same time, canalphones make my ear super itchy, which is why I am looking for earbuds.  Problem is, I have been spoiled by the PX's lack of sound leak (I've sworn never to let anyone hear my "Lost In Your Eyes" ever again).  I'm not very concerned about noise isolation, just the privacy that no one else can hear what I am playing.  Problem is as I know earbuds leak more in general than canalphones or closed headphones.  Are there any earbuds you guys can recommend?  In summary:

- no headphone earpads to disintegrate
- no canalphones that make me itch
- earbuds with as little sound leak as possible

I actually already bought a Sennheiser MX 471.  I don't really know how much sound leak it has, but since I have small ears, I am hoping its smaller size means it can go deeper into my ear (without going into the canal) so I don't have to play it as loud, minimizing leak.  It's arriving this weekend but I was wondering if you guys have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back