Earbud tips to help retention
Mar 5, 2014 at 8:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tocha

New Head-Fier
I've just ordered the Moe Audio SS01 and I'll have them coming in soon. I've had plenty of IEMs before with my last pairs I've been listening to being the Klipsch Image s4, and Meelec m6. 

The recurring problem I've had with IEMs though is that I can get a good seal (I've followed guides on here to ensure good seal and seating properly), yet with silicone tips they always seem to slip out over the span of a few minutes no matter what kind of flange and size I use with stock tips. The over ear insertion of the Meelecs helps, but ultimately it still happens and it's incredibly frustrating to fiddle around with every few minutes to get a seal. 

Do foam tips tend to help earbud retention? Are there any kind of tips anyone has experience with to help with retention? Tricks?

I've been reading up on the Comply T-400s and they seem to be able to fit with the SS01's since they use the same size tips as JVC HA FXT90s which work with T-400s. 

Thanks in advanced

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Most definitely, make sure you compress the tips before inserting them, they will expand and conform to the shape of your ear canal, with silicone tips, be sure to use the smallest size possible, a deep fit will usually create a better seal. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Did you try the double-flange tips when you had the Klipsch S4s? That's what I use on my S4s; if I really jam them in there they don't fall out.

Try a pair of Etymotic hf5, they're really small and intended to go in really deep. I would imagine that those would be a lot harder to pull out than regular IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back