Ear Tip replacements for Sound Isolation
Apr 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Those are a good choice.

These are too, http://cgi.ebay.com/Replacement-tips-Monster-Beats-Dr-Dre-Tour-In-Ear-N-/150417815553?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item230599b801

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Usually, silicone bi-flange and triple-flange tips isolate best and can last really long
Comply foams last just about a month and they gradually lose their isolation, but they're the most comfortable.

de-cored Shure Olives are interesting choice, imo they isolate better than Comply's and last much longer while being about as comfy as comply.
even ljokerl said in his massive IEMs review thread that he prefer the RE-0 paired with Olives.

btw, the isolation provided by the tips can be variable because every ears are different
and RE-0 are not well-isolating IEMs, because they're vented dynamic IEMs. No matter how well the tips seal and/or isolate, there will be some noise coming through the vents.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 6
I havent actually purchased the RE0's yet - I just did some research, and saw they are highly regarded for its price. Do you recommend any other In-Ear headphones that can isolate better?

Thank you for all of the input so far!

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #5 of 6
I havent actually purchased the RE0's yet - I just did some research, and saw they are highly regarded for its price. Do you recommend any other In-Ear headphones that can isolate better?

Thank you for all of the input so far!

They are highly regarded but if your priority is isolation there are better choices. Look at ljokerl's massive review link posted above. He gives an isolation rating for each model.

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Usually, silicone bi-flange and triple-flange tips isolate best and can last really long

Any recommendation for triple-flange that fit IEMs with large nozzle like Radius DDM, etc. ?

I heard triple-flange from Etymotic are best but they don't fit large nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back