"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Aug 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,231 of 1,906
Between SW 3 and Trinity PHANTOM MASTER 6, don't know which to buy.
confused.gif

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #1,232 of 1,906
Between SW 3 and Trinity PHANTOM MASTER 6, don't know which to buy.:confused:

Well Master 6 won't ship for another 4-6 weeks... I'll let you know when I get mine... May need some burn in though

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #1,233 of 1,906
confused.gif

For me it would be the SW3 only because I have the Delta V2, Sabre's and PM4 soon (not to mention Techne's and Vyrus, with Bob's discount may very well be the bargain bang for your buck this year
wink_face.gif
).

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #1,234 of 1,906
confused.gif

The SW3 is a little warmer / more 3D / more energy / Concert like
Where as the PM6 is more reference quality / accurate / true to life / Studio like

Depends on what is more important for you with the presentation of your music
+ what you listen to them with !
Also whether you listen more the 'audio' side or more to the 'music' side of music!

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,235 of 1,906

Where as the PM6 is more reference quality / accurate / true to life / Studio like

Also whether you listen more the 'audio' side or more to the 'music' side of music!

I come out of the home stereo "audiophile" scene, so your impressions are very interesting to me. I should have my SW III's in a week or so and I'm very curious to see how I like them.

Aug 30, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #1,236 of 1,906

Nobody has heard a final tuning version though....

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #1,237 of 1,906

Nobody has heard a final tuning version though....

I was at Canjam + I know Bob's tuning and headphones well enough to be confident in my analysis, especially in relation to the SW III. Although ultimately, of course proof is in the pudding :) I certainly believe the above is accurate in terms of describing the fundamental difference between them

Aug 30, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #1,238 of 1,906
cool.gif
Jon, you say as bright as it is that the SW3 is WARMER?  WOW, that PM6 must be absolutely clinical sounding.

Like a Pair of Senn. HD650 compared to AKG K701's.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 30, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #1,239 of 1,906

cool.gif
Jon, you say as bright as it is that the SW3 is WARMER?  WOW, that PM6 must be absolutely clinical sounding.

Like a Pair of Senn. HD650 compared to AKG K701's.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

:) Hard to describe...maybe 'fuller' . . . in a warmish way !!  
My SW III's have had over 300 hours. I have never had anything like a 'bright-ness' to them
Also the Hunters had no brightness to speak off - if anything they had a natural-nous that was breathtaking in its delivery !
Not a bad analogy though :) . . . if BOTH those cans were a LOT better sounding :wink:
All I can say is that if I had both of them the SW III would be for really enjoying the music whereas [as best I can tell] the PM6's would be for
when I want some real audiophile listening enjoyment
They are both superb and can offer a phenominal world beating sound but have slightly different flavours
Forgot to add - I am using the SW's with foams that seems to keep things nicely balanced

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,240 of 1,906
:) Hard to describe...maybe 'fuller' . . . in a warmish way !!  
My SW III's have had over 300 hours. I have never had anything like a 'bright-ness' to them
Also the Hunters had no brightness to speak off - if anything they had a natural-nous that was breathtaking in its delivery !
Not a bad analogy though :) . . . if BOTH those cans were a LOT better sounding :wink:
All I can say is that if I had both of them the SW III would be for really enjoying the music whereas [as best I can tell] the PM6's would be for
when I want some real audiophile listening enjoyment
They are both superb and can offer a phenominal world beating sound but have slightly different flavours
Forgot to add - I am using the SW's with foams that seems to keep things nicely balanced

Been listening to my SW III since yesterday and having also heard the PM6 at CanJam, which Bob mentioned was 98% sound tuned, I can fully agree with your analogy/comparison.

I'm glad I have the PM6 coming as it will be a great alternative to have alongside the Shockwaves.

I'll post more about the Shockwaves after more listening, but they have definitely wowed me so far.

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #1,241 of 1,906

Than I better wait the review.
Thanks Guys.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #1,242 of 1,906
cool.gif
Hey Gang. Audio123 claims the Fidue Sirius is WAY out of the league of the Kegger.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #1,244 of 1,906

cool.gif
Hey Gang. Audio123 claims the Fidue Sirius is WAY out of the league of the Kegger.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I know, I know, YMMV....., but is it, is it a fair assumption? 

I'm not sure if it's possible to love your gear, but I think I love these things...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back