"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Aug 22, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,216 of 1,906
Nobody in here has heard the Sirius A91? I'm seriously considering them but it's a huge chunk of change

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #1,217 of 1,906
Nobody in here has heard the Sirius A91? I'm seriously considering them but it's a huge chunk of change

Midcentric and smooth sig with wide stage apparently. A good complement to the SW3. And no I haven't heard it. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,218 of 1,906

Midcentric and smooth sig with wide stage apparently. A good complement to the SW3. And no I haven't heard it. 
biggrin.gif

One review on here said it can actually be harsh and artificial in the mids...

I'm actually now still considering the Trinity PM4 or stepping up and waiting for the Hunter to be released. 

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #1,219 of 1,906
  Just tested on my ESI X-Fi NRG sound card and the tinny heights are still there, not that intensive but yet i can hear it. To be honest, this is my first IEM with balanced armatures. Maybe this is typical for BA?

Not sure if typical because there are lots of BA without the sound you are talking about. However, I felt the same as you expressed even though mine already had about ~250 hours of burn in. I have tried large bore tips on it and still experienced some excess brightness. I just couldn't enjoy them with all that treble ringing in my ears.

A lot of people seem to enjoy sw3, so I am probably the minority here being really sensitive to treble. Hell, I even thought my HE-560 with a warm dac/amp setup was still too bright, so it's not surprising haha

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #1,220 of 1,906
  Not sure if typical because there are lots of BA without the sound you are talking about. However, I felt the same as you expressed even though mine already had about ~250 hours of burn in. I have tried large bore tips on it and still experienced some excess brightness. I just couldn't enjoy them with all that treble ringing in my ears.

A lot of people seem to enjoy sw3, so I am probably the minority here being really sensitive to treble. Hell, I even thought my HE-560 with a warm dac/amp setup was still too bright, so it's not surprising haha

I just ordered a pair of SW III from HCK. I'm pretty treble sensitive, too, so if they're overly bright I won't be able to tolerate them. I'll let y'all know!

popcorn.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,221 of 1,906
Really looking at getting these, SW3 with the MMCX connector.  How limp/stiff is the cable?  

Most of my listening is with dunu 2000J; any comparison?

Thanks so much
Steve

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #1,222 of 1,906

Sponge in the tips bore hole to tame the treble is exactly the same principle as damping tubes inside the unit.
One by design, the other a simple mod by the buyer. Wish someone would give it a go who cannot take the treble emphasis, just to prove the point.

Shelf-liner in your 560's ear-hole under pad -same done deal.

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,227 of 1,906
Hey Twin buddy, I can send you an address for all those lonely over-ears in that drawer:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,228 of 1,906

Users who are viewing this thread

Back