"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Aug 15, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #1,186 of 1,906
We are knocking together the ultimate basshead hybrid open source in basshead IEM thread.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #1,188 of 1,906
Ordered my SW3 with mmcx interface after reading for a while the high praise for them. I hope I don't have any problems with the connectors.

In hindsight, would also go for the SW3s with MMCX option, as you will have the freedom to try different cables.
IMHO the hard wired silver plated cable that came with the Kegs I have is pretty substandard.  I suspected this for a while now, and think this could be contributing to the top end hash others have complained about.  So just replaced the cable main leg with a true 4 wire copper (the stock cable has only 3 wires) and the initial SQ results are very good.

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #1,190 of 1,906
Just got my TK13, damn the highs are ******* everything up. Dissorting the mids so ******* bad and it scratches a lot. Is this typical for BA or just a production failure?

1st thing is to ensure you have a correct seal - for example they my need to sit just inside your ear canal as oppose to just pushing them straight in - Also try comply typefoam tips but mostly give them 30-50 hours burn in and then see

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #1,191 of 1,906
Def do not make any judgements on the BA MM products OOTB. I learned that with the TK13

Aug 20, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #1,192 of 1,906
Yep, make sure you have a perfect seal, my pair didn't like my iPhone 4s for a while. Gave me scratchy sounds but only once or twice and that was the TK12's. I thought there was something totally wrong but whatever it was went away. Try different sources but if that dosnt work you prob have a defective pair.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,193 of 1,906
So just let them burn in? The heights had such a high pitch, specially vocals with the letters "s" oder "z". Kind of so much, i can't imagine that it'll go away. Or is it just my brain who diesbt like it atm, but it will change after a while? I like the sound of the TK13, but this high pitch sometimes... damn

Aug 20, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #1,196 of 1,906
Getting a good seal means the tip has sealed itself completely to the inside of your ear . When you match the 'right' type of tip for your personal ear/fav sound signature the sound perveived will make you very happy ! For a tip to work correctly - to give the sound intended it needs to be perfectly sealed in your ear. If it isn't the sound can appear to be very bad , for example no bass at all. You can experiment with putting the tip into your ear slowly and in different positions to hear how this can effect the sound. Different tips can make a huge difference in sound quality as they are made to different thicknesses / materials. Even 2 that look the same can sound surprisingly different. Good fun experimenting with these type of things. Also some tips will suite you/your player more than others :£

Aug 20, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #1,197 of 1,906
It's fine at volumes up tp 50%. The dissortion starts when i go higher. The seal on my earbuds seems to be fine. Ill let them burn in a bit and try different sources. If that doesn't help i will try to send them back and will stick to my 15 bucks china dynamic IEMs(which are better at the moment...) or get another shure se215.

Aug 20, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #1,198 of 1,906
It's fine at volumes up tp 50%. The dissortion starts when i go higher. The seal on my earbuds seems to be fine. Ill let them burn in a bit and try different sources. If that doesn't help i will try to send them back and will stick to my 15 bucks china dynamic IEMs(which are better at the moment...) or get another shure se215.

which iem of $ 15 you refer to? Curious.

Aug 20, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #1,199 of 1,906
"It's fine at volumes up tp 50%", starting to sound like it's your source that's the problemo!
I say that because my TK12's go louder than you'd ever want and remain clear sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back