"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Mar 21, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #227 of 1,906
:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:. YES SIR!!!

Those other things in the pic are quite small, think Flare Audio R2 small....

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #228 of 1,906
:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:. YES SIR!!!

Those other things in the pic are quite small, think Flare Audio R2 small....

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apologize if my previous photo caused some confusion about the actual size of the kegs.
Top to bottom:
Sendiy M2
KZ ED3
DIY K3003
"Kegs"
As noted the fit is very comfortable and seal easily without the supports.
The M2s are also easy to get a good comfortable seal with a variety of tips.
The worst fitting ones (for me) in this bunch is the K3s, as they are pretty heavy and have a large nozzle diameter.

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #229 of 1,906
How does the Sendiy M2 stack up to the others? If good enough, they could be a potential hold me over in case I decide to go with the Trinity which wouldn't drop for a few months.

Mar 21, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #230 of 1,906

Apologize if my previous photo caused some confusion about the actual size of the kegs.
Top to bottom:
Sendiy M2
KZ ED3
DIY K3003
"Kegs"
As noted the fit is very comfortable and seal easily without the supports.
The M2s are also easy to get a good comfortable seal with a variety of tips.
The worst fitting ones (for me) in this bunch is the K3s, as they are pretty heavy and have a large nozzle diameter.

I'm also interested in your take on the Sendiy's.

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #231 of 1,906
  How does the Sendiy M2 stack up to the others? If good enough, they could be a potential hold me over in case I decide to go with the Trinity which wouldn't drop for a few months.

jant71 & JacKallen,

Will keep my SQ opinion of the M2s short, as don't want to hijack this thread.
The Sendiy M2s are the best sounding single DD earphones I've heard to date; including the original IE800s, Monster Golds, Miles Davis, Zircons, Joyroom 107, and all KZs.
They also sound better than the two DIY K3003s I have.
Check out my posts or 1clearhead posts about these in the Chinese IEM thread.
They are that good!

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #232 of 1,906
  jant71 & JacKallen,

Will keep my SQ opinion of the M2s short, as don't want to hijack this thread.
The Sendiy M2s are the best sounding single DD earphones I've heard to date; including the original IE800s, Monster Golds, Miles Davis, Zircons, Joyroom 107, and all KZs.
They also sound better than the two DIY K3003s I have.
Check out my posts or 1clearhead posts about these in the Chinese IEM thread.
They are that good!

In which areas do they fall behind something like the Kegs?

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #233 of 1,906
  In which areas do they fall behind something like the Kegs?

+1. also interested in this. I have my M2's on the way, and I suppose the next step would be either LZ A3, improved LZ A2 (whenever that arrives, and if it's better than A3) or S3. What puts me off a bit about the S3, apart from the price, is that some people in the thread have said that use without amp etc is a no go..

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #234 of 1,906
Woah there, why would the new A2 be better than the A3?
tongue.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #235 of 1,906
Mar 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #236 of 1,906
I always hope that brands release a $70 cheaper but better earphone a month later but they never do
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #238 of 1,906
Then, as I said, why would the A3 come out at $168 and the A2-II be still under $100 as reported by Paul. They can't not realize how good it is so they aren't gonna leave money on the table just to be nice. They are in business. If better it would pretty close to the $150 mark.

Now if you want to say they could be close and deemed a better value since they one list listed at $168 and one at $95. I'd say there is actually a pretty good chance at that happening. But them being consensus better is very very doubtful. You don't essentially sabotage your flagship so soon after release. Not when you are a small outfit with less earphones than you can count on one hand.

If it does turn out that way then I'm glad I skipped the A3.
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #239 of 1,906
  Then, as I said, why would the A3 come out at $168 and the A2-II be still under $100 as reported by Paul. They can't not realize how good it is so they aren't gonna leave money on the table just to be nice. They are in business. If better it would pretty close to the $150 mark.

Now if you want to say they could be close and deemed a better value since they one list listed at $168 and one at $95. I'd say there is actually a pretty good chance at that happening. But them being consensus better is very very doubtful. You don't essentially sabotage your flagship so soon after release. Not when you are a small outfit with less earphones than you can count on one hand.

If it does turn out that way then I'm glad I skipped the A3.
bigsmile_face.gif

Good point. I'm also was very curious on why the price increased so steeply from the A2. A 20-30$ increase is reasonable, but 60$?
However as I paid 149$, this doesn't seem to concern me that much anymore. Yes, on a solely price-to-performance based preposition the A2-II will most likely beat the A3. But so does the 02A/03A in that regard. Also, the price is prone to flucuation and LZ and most manufactures keep on revising their models every 2-3 months. Hence, it would be smart to have a line-up established by then (in this case: A entry model (LZ02A/03A), a mid-tier model (LZ A2-II) and a TOTL model (LZ-A3)) and because he has only a limited amount of production-volume, keep updating them after the stock gets depleted.
Time will tell...

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #240 of 1,906
There is something to be said for presentation, packaging and how you secure the package before shipping. Received LZ A3 and Z02A review units from the AE Store Shenzhen HCkexin Electronics Co LTD. They packed the boxes to survive a nuclear war, which is not a bad thing, clearly they took care to make sure it doesn't get messed up along the way.

Also, looks like they include bonus stuff like cases and extra tips and accessories if you order from them. 

With that said, pics are worth a thousand words or something like that :wink:

Will be a battle royale with The LZ A2, LZ A3 and MusicMAKER Shockwave III in the house. Cant wait to pit them against each other. If anyone has specific questions will try to answer them.

Also, i have a balanced cable so I will be running the A3 balanced later as well, out of my LH Geek Out V2 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back