"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Mar 16, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #196 of 1,906

Honeymoon period has passed already, genuinely enjoying them now :)  Makes me excited to see what else MusicMaker can put out that can top this!

Could you put up a short impression regarding: LZ A2 vs. Shockwave III ?
Thanks,

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #197 of 1,906
:grinning: Me too Tamal. So I'm assuming a Shockwave purchase is on your radar? If you do contact Easy throuh his store first. Shockwaves are $249 USD through his store for Head- fiers.

I arranged it with him. Maybe you can do even better directly contacting him.

A little groveling never hurts. :grinning:

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Hmm, I am still thinking about it and Canadian dollar still hasn't picked up. I will wait to see the A3 sounds before I decide :)  But anything is possible, not ruling anything out. 

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #198 of 1,906

Could you put up a short impression regarding: LZ A2 vs. Shockwave III ?
Thanks,

Sure thing :)  For more detailed impressions  I will compare them both out of my X7 to make it more even and fair, once I am back home later today.

But for now:
I know that in the past that I have said something to the effect of the Shockwave SIII being several level above the A2, but I have to say that the A2 puts up a better fight than I initially gave it credit for.

The Shockwave III has a lighter and airier presentation, with a more diffuse and larger soundstage vs the A2 which has a warmer sound signature + harder hitting bass with more mid bass and a more intimate soundstage.

I actually think they complement each other rather than one leapfrogging the other.  I can definitely see some people preferring the A2 over the SIII if that is the sound signature they prefer. As well, it took me a bit of tip rolling to find the most optimal eartips that make the SIII sound its best. I found that the SIII needs a good amp/dac to shine versus the A2 which sounds pretty good out of anything, including a toaster lmao.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #199 of 1,906
Hmm, I am still thinking about it and Canadian dollar still hasn't picked up. I will wait to see the A3 sounds before I decide :)  But anything is possible, not ruling anything out. 

:grinning: I have a pair of the LZA3 coming if they ever get here. I will let you know impressions right away.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #200 of 1,906
I finally caved in and ordered them! 
biggrin.gif

My wallet is crying but it'll be worth it...anyway, now I should stop buying new audio equipment for a good while (as long as I can resist lol)
Easy has been a very nice person and has given me a discount 
smily_headphones1.gif

All I have to do now is wait, and wait, and wait...
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #201 of 1,906
I finally caved in and ordered them! :D
My wallet is crying but it'll be worth it...anyway, now I should stop buying new audio equipment for a good while (as long as I can resist lol)
Easy has been a very nice person and has given me a discount :)

All I have to do now is wait, and wait, and wait...:D  

:grinning: Welcome to the fold. This is ONE iem purchase I can pretty much guarantee you won't regret.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #202 of 1,906
:grinning: I have a pair of the LZA3 coming if they ever get here. I will let you know impressions right away.

Nice, looking forward to the comparisons! I wont have the SIII on hand when my A3 unfortunately. That is if I don't cave in before then :p

Also, do you find the SIII still sounds superb at lower volumes?  The shockwave III doesn't sound half bad at low volumes :wink:

Mar 16, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #206 of 1,906
I have xduuo x3, so no eq. I need a new Dap. Oh my wallet. :joy::joy:

If you need more Bass than what the SWIII has on hand then you simply need to go to a BHA meeting.

(Bassheads Anonymous )

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #208 of 1,906
  BHA lol, 
Are you sure?
Check this out.

cool.gif
I'm sure. The SW III has the deepest Sub bass I've ever heard in an IEM. But it really Isn't a Basshead type phone. It only has Bass when the Music has it in it. If you want that, save some $$$ and get it's little brother the TK12. That'll fix your Bass right up. Lots of Bass All the Time. It's MASSIVE.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #210 of 1,906
:cool: I'm sure. The SW III has the deepest Sub bass I've ever heard in an IEM. But it really Isn't a Basshead type phone. It only has Bass when the Music has it in it. If you want that, save some $$$ and get it's little brother the TK12. That'll fix your Bass right up. Lots of Bass All the Time. It's MASSIVE.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

TK 12 on the way. I can track it now in China. Guessing it will arrive in about a week or so. Happy, happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back