"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Jul 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #1,038 of 1,906
cool.gif
menuki, whether you believe in it or not BURN THEM IN. These particular IEMs benefit GREATLY from it. General Rule for Musicmaker IEMs I use is 350 Hours.

Sounds stupid, Trust TWIN it works, especially with the SWIII.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #1,039 of 1,906
  Could do with a bit more midbass/little more weight on the lower midrange register. But no matter these small "improvements", the overall experience is fantastic.

I agree Paulo. Mids are their weak point but NOT by very much, just a tad. You could EQ, But I don't.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #1,042 of 1,906
Someone mentioned comparing the SW3 to the Phantom Master 6. I ordered the Master 6, but, who knows when I'll get them. Perhaps my SW3 will be burned in by then (three months?) lol

-Collin-

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,046 of 1,906
Soooo. First impressions: Sub-Bass focused Bass, recessed mids and a bit too much highs for my taste coming from the banned D2. As Twin said, i need to burn them in now, i only hope the highs get a bit mellowed. The soundstage is insane though.. its unbelievable how they manage to get such a soundstage in these little kegs. The comfort is also amazing and better than any IEM's i've tried. The fixed cable is nice cause it doesn't add much weight as opposed to a removable cable option. 
etysmile.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,047 of 1,906
  Soooo. First impressions: Sub-Bass focused Bass, recessed mids and a bit too much highs for my taste coming from the banned D2. As Twin said, i need to burn them in now, i only hope the highs get a bit mellowed. The soundstage is insane though.. its unbelievable how they manage to get such a soundstage in these little kegs. The comfort is also amazing and better than any IEM's i've tried. The fixed cable is nice cause it doesn't add much weight as opposed to a removable cable option. 
etysmile.gif

What source are You using? They're gonna flattened a bit, highs should settle down. Regarding to mids, I don't get them as recessed. They are not mid-centric, but vocals are there on its place.

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #1,048 of 1,906
Using my iPad Air 2 as source and after 2 hours now it seems i'm already getting used to highs, even though they are louder than the mids, so thats were the "recession" to my ears comes from. Have to listen alot more to judge though! But oh boy, they sound oh so good. When the bass set in in one of my songs, i thought i heard a thunderstorm outside cause the bass was so full. Amazing, just amazing, as one said before, every piece of the music has its own place arround your head and plenty of air arround it. I think these are IEMs in which you can fall in love easily.

Jul 22, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #1,049 of 1,906
Someone mentioned comparing the SW3 to the Phantom Master 6. I ordered the Master 6, but, who knows when I'll get them. Perhaps my SW3 will be burned in by then (three months?) lol

-Collin-

cool.gif
Well you could just listen to them. They should be burnt in about the time you start collecting social security.
biggrin.gif
  I am getting ready to send mine off to Lurk out your way, he wants a good listen. I'm expecting a review....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back