"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Jul 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #1,051 of 1,906
Damn, i have no clue how many audiophiles or people on Head-Fi would love to know about these. Like, they deserve even more attention. For the 250€ i spent i think its just insane that you can get such sound for that money, just insane. Spread the words to friends, family, other people here on Head-Fi haha. :)

I own them for like 5 hours now and they are easily the best headphones i have ever owned, period. The amount of detail you hear in tracks is amazing. Like, in some songs there is a melody just chilling by my right ear which i have never heard even though i've listened to that song very often.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,052 of 1,906

cool.gif
Well you could just listen to them. They should be burnt in about the time you start collecting social security.
biggrin.gif
  I am getting ready to send mine off to Lurk out your way, he wants a good listen. I'm expecting a review....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

biggrin.gif

I can't wait

Awesome, my local amigo in the Bay Area should be able to provide great impressions and a review. Lurk, enjoy! 

-Collin-

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #1,053 of 1,906
Sorry for the many posts, but now the sibilance somehow has "faded" or my other headphones were veiled so it just seemed like they were sibilant and i ALSO have to take back the thoughts about the midrange recession. Maybe i'm crazy, maybe its burn-in, maybe its brain-burn-in, but these IEM's are really really rewarding.

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #1,054 of 1,906
Sorry for the many posts, but now the sibilance somehow has "faded" or my other headphones were veiled so it just seemed like they were sibilant and i ALSO have to take back the thoughts about the midrange recession. Maybe i'm crazy, maybe its burn-in, maybe its brain-burn-in, but these IEM's are really really rewarding.

Nice to hear such positive feedback. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,056 of 1,906
  Damn, i have no clue how many audiophiles or people on Head-Fi would love to know about these. Like, they deserve even more attention. For the 250€ i spent i think its just insane that you can get such sound for that money, just insane. Spread the words to friends, family, other people here on Head-Fi haha. :)

I own them for like 5 hours now and they are easily the best headphones i have ever owned, period. The amount of detail you hear in tracks is amazing. Like, in some songs there is a melody just chilling by my right ear which i have never heard even though i've listened to that song very often.

Hi menuki. They are that good. A shame they haven't had the attention they deserve yet. It will come with time, I think. By the way, takes some time to adapt to that kind of sound and thats whats happening to you.

A confession: I regret the sale and think I will buy them again. lol.

Jul 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #1,057 of 1,906
Yeah i am totally surprised at how the SW3s aren't a huge huge hit on head-fi compared to other HPs. I know there's alot of hype train threads that come and go on this site, but for the price you pay and the indescribable immersive soundstage you get with these is one of the most unique things i have ever heard ever in this hobby.

I love these things.

Jul 22, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #1,058 of 1,906
  Yeah i am totally surprised at how the SW3s aren't a huge huge hit on head-fi compared to other HPs. I know there's alot of hype train threads that come and go on this site, but for the price you pay and the indescribable immersive soundstage you get with these is one of the most unique things i have ever heard ever in this hobby.

I love these things.

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time and a bunch of people to agree on what they hear.

Yes, they are very good and very much worth the price. How the mids and treble have certain peak/dips here can make or break how you enjoy them.

I'm really hoping someone can get these measured so that we can see where those dips and spikes are (there has to be some in the treble somewhere). EQ can even out those areas that get very fatiguing, and seeing where it is can fix it. 

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #1,059 of 1,906
Does anyone have LZ A2 and Shockwave III both? If yes how does the nozzle size compare to each other? I think Shockwave has biggere nozzle. I use medium tip with LZ A2. If I am going to buy Shockwave, I don't know it will fit my ears or not.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #1,060 of 1,906
Does anyone have LZ A2 and Shockwave III both? If yes how does the nozzle size compare to each other? I think Shockwave has biggere nozzle. I use medium tip with LZ A2. If I am going to buy Shockwave, I don't know it will fit my ears or not.

I had both buddy. I think nozzle size is about the same.
Shockwave has longer nozzle in comparison.
These perfectly fit to my ears even better than lz a2.
And I always use medium tips.

Thanks.
Happy listening.

Jul 23, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,061 of 1,906

Looks like the spinfit CP100 model fits lz-a2 and shockwave iii well, so it should have approx same size.

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #1,062 of 1,906

Awesome, my local amigo in the Bay Area should be able to provide great impressions and a review. Lurk, enjoy! 

-Collin-

cool.gif
They are on the way. he should have them by Tues. I'm expecting a full review by Weds.
biggrin.gif

NO RUSH......

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #1,063 of 1,906

cool.gif
They are on the way. he should have them by Tues. I'm expecting a full review by Weds.
biggrin.gif

NO RUSH......

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

LOL! Yeah, totally, not like we expect him to drop everything and get right to it or anything... 
beerchug.gif

I actually fell asleep last night while listening to the SW3 + Mojo and while I would say it's probably more to do with the beer than a testament to how comfortable the SW3 is, they're really becoming my favorite IEMs. I can't quite declare a winner between the P1 and SW3 because I love everything about the P1 sound signature, but detail retrieval is in another league for the SW3. 

-Collin-

Jul 23, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,064 of 1,906
I think of it as a game of "Guess Who"
First question are you V or U shaped?
Knock over a few characters
Are you perfectly portable and ergonomic?
Knock over a few more
Are you for a fanatical bass head?
Knock over a couple more
Do you have a perfectly smooth FR?
Knock over a few more and so on

But the characters left they have an iem that dosnt
get boring and are wearing a sub bass, soundstage and others
grin. Amongst the characters left, I'll be there for a long, long time.

Edited to give context:
See Bhazard's post above

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,065 of 1,906
LOL! Yeah, totally, not like we expect him to drop everything and get right to it or anything... :beerchug:

I actually fell asleep last night while listening to the SW3 + Mojo and while I would say it's probably more to do with the beer than a testament to how comfortable the SW3 is, they're really becoming my favorite IEMs. I can't quite declare a winner between the P1 and SW3 because I love everything about the P1 sound signature, but detail retrieval is in another league for the SW3. 

-Collin-
I agree, I borrowed Tamal's (Redjohn456) P1 for a couple of weeks and found the P1's mids didn't put out the micro details. To the point that my brain didn't analyse or even hardly notice the mids. Making the P1 the perfect iem if you are trying to concentrate on something else. Polar opposite to the Keggers mids, you can't not be engaged by them and they demand my attention and distract me from real life. JMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back