"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Apr 28, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #1,846 of 1,906
I had a SW3 for longer, this is my second one. I upgrade to a shuoer ej07, but unfortunately it has not the holographic imaging and deep stage as the SW3. I will save for the solaris. It seems to have the best holographic imaging the most iems.

When i compare the ej07 to the sw3, the ej07 has similar subbass, less upper bass, better and more realistic mids but with less upper mids and recessed highs but more detailed. It sounds like the etymotic er4sr but with much more subbass. I like the sound alot, but the stage is not very deep.

I would use some complys or the tips that comes with the SW3. For my taste they sounds the best.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,847 of 1,906
I had a SW3 for longer, this is my second one. I upgrade to a shuoer ej07, but unfortunately it has not the holographic imaging and deep stage as the SW3. I will save for the solaris. It seems to have the best holographic imaging the most iems.

When i compare the ej07 to the sw3, the ej07 has similar subbass, less upper bass, better and more realistic mids but with less upper mids and recessed highs but more detailed. It sounds like the etymotic er4sr but with much more subbass. I like the sound alot, but the stage is not very deep.

I would use some complys or the tips that comes with the SW3. For my taste they sounds the best.

any idea of the correct size T400 / T500 ?

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #1,849 of 1,906
I use TS-400 tips.

Thanks @ChrisHeld1989

I am using my SW III with a Huawei P30 Pro (with official USB C cable adapter) and find the volume output lower than I would like it to be and I feel they aren't being driven properly. Whats a decent portable headphone amp that pairs nicely with the SW III and has a decent EQ to tame some of the sharp (biting) upper mid frequencies of these headphones?

what burn in tracks / techniques did you use to burn them in?

Apr 29, 2020 at 2:05 AM Post #1,850 of 1,906
The chord mojo is a very nice paring with the SW3. The output impedance is extreme low, so the BA drivers don't chance there sound and it has a huge amount of power. The sound is absolutely awesome. Which SW3 version do you use? The mmcx version or the fixed cable version?

Apr 29, 2020 at 5:10 AM Post #1,851 of 1,906
The chord mojo is a very nice paring with the SW3. The output impedance is extreme low, so the BA drivers don't chance there sound and it has a huge amount of power. The sound is absolutely awesome. Which SW3 version do you use? The mmcx version or the fixed cable version?
@ChrisHeld1989 - I have the fixed cable silver version purchased in 2016, I just find them a little harsh in the upper mids particularly when trying to increase the volume to hear the bass and wider soundstage. The upper mids are biting (spitting)

Apr 29, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #1,853 of 1,906
Bump!
☺️

I am also interested in these!
Has somebody ever compared them to some higher end (4 or 5 driver) hybrids like Oriolus, IT04 etc?
Also, how big/small are they actually and how do they sit in the ear? Maybe somebody could take a picture while wearing them?

May 3, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #1,855 of 1,906
You have to eq down at 8kHz, but i think your source output impedance is too high.
@ChrisHeld1989 - received the t400 Comfort x3 from Amazon and wow what a difference to the standard provided foam pack. They were extremely tight to fit to the SW III and took a fair amount of effort to fit them so I may go with the T500 for larger diameter next time round. The memory foam is completely different to the provided buds and the soundstage is huge plus I can barely hear anyone around me.

I'm using android Poweramp and -4db 8khz with the built in app equaliser and again a big improvement on those harsh upper mids. I've increased the treble and bass (I use a swan curve on the eq) to open them up further along with adding to the sub bass rumble.

Going to give them a long listen later.

Thanks for your advice and help as it has seriously improved the SW III.

Jun 22, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #1,856 of 1,906
My keggs arrived today and guess what... it is completely sibilance free. Jackpot, baby! I'am so in love with this black little beautys. The earthquake subbass and holographic imaging is the best! Now i have to burn in the dd driver for better bass. Oh man, i'am so happy. The synergie with the mojo is so good. :')
Where did you bought these?
Are all current versions with fixed cable non sibilant?

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,857 of 1,906
I know this post will probably never be seen because these IEM's have, for some reason, fallen off the map...but I've done it. I found out how to open them up:

Basically just pressure fitted with some glue to hold it together.

Anyways, there's a small resistor on one end of the wire so when I recable I'll probably just splice into a little piece I'll leave behind.

Either way, no one will ever know since this thread seems all but dead...

Hi AndroidVegata,

do you know, if the wires are marked?
I ask, because I think about to replace the jack plug with a balanced 2.5mm TRRS jack plug by soldering.
But to do this, I have to know, which wire is ground.

Jun 26, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #1,858 of 1,906
not dead! I saw your post too, but mine were the MMCX version. Actually tinking of getting them again. They were awesome.- still are....

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #1,860 of 1,906
Hi AndroidVegata,

do you know, if the wires are marked?
I ask, because I think about to replace the jack plug with a balanced 2.5mm TRRS jack plug by soldering.
But to do this, I have to know, which wire is ground.

Sorry for the late reply but this snuck by me somehow.

Anyways, the stock cable is ONLY 3-wires...left, right, and common ground. So soldering on a balanced jack is not possible. I tried, it's why I'm recabling mine now (well adding MMCX jacks and I'm being SUPER lazy about it). If you want 2.5mm balanced you simply need to recable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back