"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Mar 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #167 of 1,906
I am pretty content with them. There will always be the next big thing or something better. If I had unlimited funds it would be nice. But right now unless something extraordinary comes up like the end-all, be all Giant Killers we are all looking for, I'm pretty ecstatic with my purchasr of the Shockwaves. They turned out to be much better than I had even hoped they would be.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Have you received your LZ-A3 yet?  It will be interesting to see how they compare to the Shockwave III.

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #168 of 1,906
Have you received your LZ-A3 yet?  It will be interesting to see how they compare to the Shockwave III.

:grinning: Not Yet but I'm not holding my breath that it is anywhere near the Shockwaves.

Seriously.

Mar 13, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #169 of 1,906
Gotta love these new generation hybrid Chinese IEMs.
They are killer for their price.

Mar 14, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #171 of 1,906
I personally think the A3 or DQSM, esp. the better of those two, will fall in between the TK12 and S3.

If not, and they don't stand a chance against the TK12 then we probably shouldn't buy them. The sellers shouldn't be charging $40 more in that case and we should shed light on that. And since there are under $25 earphones with MMCX the added price can't be for that. If the A3 has the same number of drivers and performance is still less than we should force the correction so they will drop to the right level. Same as on ebay with the early overpriced sellers that drop once more become available, don't fall prey to the impulse and the correction comes sooner.

Wait for it to come out, then pay $40 more and it doesn't stand a chance would kinda suck
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #172 of 1,906
I doubt the lz-a3 will even stand a chance against the mighty tk12's.

cool.gif
+1 The TK12's are awesome. from Paulpark's review I'm not getting the impression that they are exactly Giant killers.

MINE (LZ A3) are in tracking Limbo---No change since the 6th where they Cleared China Sort.

Oh Yeah, Stupid me, I listened to Easy about those new over-ears that I posted yesterday, Yeah he got back to me.  He gave me a good price so now THOSE are on their way too. In RED,  jant.
very_evil_smiley.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #173 of 1,906

cool.gif
+1 The TK12's are awesome. from Paulpark's review I'm not getting the impression that they are exactly Giant killers.

MINE (LZ A3) are in tracking Limbo---No change since the 6th where they Cleared China Sort.

Oh Yeah, Stupid me, I listened to Easy about those new over-ears that I posted yesterday, Yeah he got back to me.  He gave me a good price so now THOSE are on their way too. In RED,  jant.
very_evil_smiley.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Well, Paulpark did say that they are better than TK12 on every aspect except bass quantity. :wink:

Mar 14, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #174 of 1,906
Well, Paulpark did say that they are better than TK12 on every aspect except bass quantity. :wink:

Yes but he also finds no fault with the DQSM which basically have so much treble and spikes that they are unlistenible. At least to me. I'm aware that Paul is one of the very few who really didn't like the TK 12.

I'd still bet the Farm that the TK12 will sound better to almost all listeners.

Tastes in sound are Alway's subjective, especially when all of the iems in question are quite high caliber.

JMHO

I simply cannot give anything but an educated guess until I get my grubby mitts on my LZA3 whenever they get here.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #175 of 1,906
Yes but he also finds no fault with the DQSM which basically have so much treble and spikes that they are unlistenible. At least to me. I'm aware that Paul is one of the very few who really didn't like the TK 12.

Tastes in sound are Alway's subjective, especially when all of the iems in question are quite high caliber.

JMHO

I simply cannot give anything but an educated guess until I get my grubby mitts on my LZA3 whenever they get here.

Yep, we will see once more people start receiving the LZ's and TK12. 

Mar 14, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #177 of 1,906

The impression is that it´s getting off easy.

Yup. I already dislike the design, but this is just not working in the slightest. Although the L-Shaped jack and the cable are looking nice.

JMHO

I'll get both TK12 and A3's. From a sheer value based preposition, I'd almost agree. However the sound-signature is quite different and being the neutralo-head I am, having a slightly less bassy contentor is certainly a plus. This is what the Fidue A83 is to the Dunu DN2000J. One is more bassy and fun. The other more neutral/bright. Thing is that for one A83/2000J I could buy both TK12 and A3 + Eartips for days.

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #178 of 1,906
Yup. I already dislike the design, but this is just not working in the slightest. Although the L-Shaped jack and the cable are looking nice.

I'll get both TK12 and A3's. From a sheer value based preposition, I'd almost agree. However the sound-signature is quite different and being the neutralo-head I am, having a slightly less bassy contentor is certainly a plus. This is what the Fidue A83 is to the Dunu DN2000J. One is more bassy and fun. The other more neutral/bright. Thing is that for one A83/2000J I could buy both TK12 and A3 + Eartips for days.

Go for it. It's a win-win situation as they are all world class. I have no problem with the Keggers design in fact I rather like its clean looks and it's comfortable. I absolutely do not like removable cables however. Simply a weak point in a design. Plus I'm not that much of an audiohead that I'm going to want balanced cables etc. I can leave that to the corksniffers that will ivest 6k in a player and pair of CIEMs.

I'm a little more blue collar than that.

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #180 of 1,906
  Damn.. So it dosn't fit properly and falls out easily?

cool.gif
Yeah I agree I don't even like the way that looks. It looks added-on instead of designed with a nice matching cable. Plus I like them in Silver better as well.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back