"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #1,502 of 1,906
Just found this thread. After getting the 1more triples, k3p and a 5/6ba iem, I'm almost hooked.

Is it easy to say that the SW III is a clear step up from what I currently have?

Quite possibly :)
Although its important you find an early version as people have reported issues with treble [seemingly on later runs such as the mmcx versions]

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,503 of 1,906
Just found this thread. After getting the 1more triples, k3p and a 5/6ba iem, I'm almost hooked.

Is it easy to say that the SW III is a clear step up from what I currently have?

TwinACStacks will enlighten you, and may also likely help lighten your wallet as well...

Mar 15, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,504 of 1,906
@TwinACStacks will enlighten you, and may also likely help lighten your wallet as well...

LOL, I concur for sure on that latter part
rolleyes.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,505 of 1,906

5/6ba?

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #1,506 of 1,906
Anyone ever compared this to the CFA Andromeda?

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #1,507 of 1,906
If someone wants to loan me a pair, I will be more than happy to make a comparison. Otherwise the Andromeda is more than I can justify paying for an IEM.

But I'm betting the SWIII can hold its own.
:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,508 of 1,906

Although its important you find an early version as people have reported issues with treble [seemingly on later runs such as the mmcx versions]

Is this an absolute rule? - that all mmcx versions are sibilant or with harsh treble? Not fixable through burn in or tip changes?

If someone wants to loan me a pair, I will be more than happy to make a comparison. Otherwise the Andromeda is more than I can justify paying for an IEM.

But I'm betting the SWIII can hold its own.
:grinning::grinning: TWIN

The SWIII is practically at the same price point or level as the upcoming 1more quads, anyone had the chance to audition the quads when they were unveiled in past shows and conferences?

Mar 17, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #1,509 of 1,906

Is this an absolute rule? - that all mmcx versions are sibilant or with harsh treble? Not fixable through burn in or tip changes?

Death is an 'absolute rule'
What I am saying, is that what seems to be in common with all the reports of the SW3 being sibilant or having harsh treble come from those with
later batches of the earphone.
Both myself and Twin have a lot of experience with headphones / sound
Both of our units have no sibilance AT ALL
All I am saying is that the early 1st batch models sound extraordinarily good. By all accounts it looks like some later models are less than perfect
I know what you are asking about tips and burn in - its impossible to say if there have literaly just been, say 5 people with issues out of 1,000 people
who are happy with the headphone...but this is the problem with the forum!
difficult to judge accurately :)

Im just saying get an early model to be sure :)  or at least be aware there may be an issue,
The iems do need 300+ hours of burn in as well..
Also IMO the KZ foamtips bring them to perfection - other tips can be a little splashy for me  :D 

Mar 17, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #1,510 of 1,906
Also IMO the KZ foamtips bring them to perfection - other tips can be a little splashy for me  :D 

Im kinda happy seeing your post about kz foamies same way as jealous!!!!!........I have the black regular ones and they are not real foam materials,and may be you have something like spherical ones from KZ then?

Mar 17, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #1,511 of 1,906

Also IMO the KZ foamtips bring them to perfection - other tips can be a little splashy for me  
biggrin.gif

Im kinda happy seeing your post about kz foamies same way as jealous!!!!!........I have the black regular ones and they are not real foam materials,and may be you have something like spherical ones from KZ then?

I love them - they have worked on more earphones than any other tip I have ever used and not just worked but sorted out any issues as well
They as cheap as chips but I love them! :)
I use these ones : 

Mar 18, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,513 of 1,906
I love them - they have worked on more earphones than any other tip I have ever used and not just worked but sorted out any issues as well
They as cheap as chips but I love them! :)
I use these ones : 

Yeah, Those are good ones like comply with core.......the below are the kz ones that I have and doesnt have core and nor have the memory effect & they expand immediately when squeezed. May be the very first batch were like mine when KZ hopped into mem tips business?

Btw, the spherical ones are more fav to some here than the regular style kz foams that you have.

Mar 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,514 of 1,906

They as cheap as chips but I love them!
smily_headphones1.gif

I use these ones : 

Yeah, Those are good ones like comply with core.......the below are the kz ones that I have and doesnt have core and nor have the memory effect & they expand immediately when squeezed. May be the very first batch were like mine when KZ hopped into mem tips business?

Btw, the spherical ones are more fav to some here than the regular style kz foams that you have.

Cool, thanks for sharing - Problem i have is that my earholes are large with the right one being even bigger so some regular large tips tend to not have
the best seal. Those particular tips I mention above stay in very well...although as you say the spherical ones may be even better. I do have some -  
I think I got them from the same place..not sure :)
Ive been on a very pleasant vintage headphone trip for the last few months so I haven't listened to any of my IEM's for ages 
L3000.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,515 of 1,906
  Just snagged me a pair on the FS/FT thread here for $150...I'll be sure to leave a full review once I do. Actually quite surprised by the lack of coverage and reviews for these........if they're as good as you all say they are. I'll find out Monday!

Want to sell them back to me? LOL kidding, but not really kidding. I am missing them. Decided I want to try the MMCX version because I have so many nice MMCX copper cables around. Adding a pure copper cable to the mix might just tame the highs slightly, but we will see. 

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back