Ear Bud Recommendation
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fallsroad

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

I've gotten in the habit of taking longer and longer walks with my dog - good for me, good for him too.

I've got an old Sansa 4GB player which looks like crap but works fine.

I've also got a cheap pair of Sony ear buds that don't stay in my ears very well with or without the cushions), though they sound passably decent (but certainly not great).

I like the hear-through nature of the buds so I have some awareness of my surroundings.

Can anyone recommend a decent sounding pair of ear buds that can be made to comfortably fit the ears and stay in while walking?

No idea what a reasonable budget would be, but let's say under $50, preferably considerably under 50 if such a thing exists.

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
The sennheiser MX line starting at the MX400 are great for the money, I have a pair of 580's coming this week that I got for 24 something shipped from amazon.  Your other excellent alternate are the yuin pk3's which you can get from head-direct.

How are the MX400's in terms of fit?

Biggest problem I had was the left bud sliding out of my ear, with or without the little cushion on it.

Oct 5, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 5
I have the MX500, and while I have no fit or comfort issues, they are on the bulkier side compared to Yuin PK1 or Sony E888. I believe the MX400 are the same size as the MX500.

Just going by the photos, it appears the MX580 offers a better fit than the older MX500.

I don't know whether they are fakes or not, but you can get Yuin PK3 earbuds on ebay for $40 shipped. I only have the PK1, but PK3 seems to be well regarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back