1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Ear Bud Recommendation

1. fallsroad
    Greetings,

I've gotten in the habit of taking longer and longer walks with my dog - good for me, good for him too.

I've got an old Sansa 4GB player which looks like crap but works fine.

I've also got a cheap pair of Sony ear buds that don't stay in my ears very well with or without the cushions), though they sound passably decent (but certainly not great).

I like the hear-through nature of the buds so I have some awareness of my surroundings.

Can anyone recommend a decent sounding pair of ear buds that can be made to comfortably fit the ears and stay in while walking?

No idea what a reasonable budget would be, but let's say under $50, preferably considerably under 50 if such a thing exists.

Thanks.

2. dziendobry
    The sennheiser MX line starting at the MX400 are great for the money, I have a pair of 580's coming this week that I got for 24 something shipped from amazon.  Your other excellent alternate are the yuin pk3's which you can get from head-direct.

3. fallsroad

Quote:

How are the MX400's in terms of fit?

Biggest problem I had was the left bud sliding out of my ear, with or without the little cushion on it.

4. dziendobry
    They fit me fine, I haven't had any issues, they seem to be the same size as any other buds I have had.  The MX580's come with the foam cushion cover as well as  a ring that goes around it.  See the review here for an example of the donut things

5. socrates63 Contributor
    I have the MX500, and while I have no fit or comfort issues, they are on the bulkier side compared to Yuin PK1 or Sony E888. I believe the MX400 are the same size as the MX500.

Just going by the photos, it appears the MX580 offers a better fit than the older MX500.

I don't know whether they are fakes or not, but you can get Yuin PK3 earbuds on ebay for $40 shipped. I only have the PK1, but PK3 seems to be well regarded.