EAC Foobar ASIO4ALL WASAPI Settings Pictorial
Apr 6, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #182 of 251
^ Well my volume does not work.

Apr 8, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #183 of 251
^ thanks man.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

downloaded wasapi.dll, dropped it in the components folder, checked the components node in the Foobar preferences and it shows wasapi output support, ver 1.2

I'm running a Dared MP5 dac/amp through USB - it shows up as a "Burr-Brown Japan PC2702" - so I select "Wasapi: Speakers (Burr-Brown Japan PC2702)" as the output device in Foobar. It is also already the default Audio device in Windows. 16 bit and 800ms buffer.

However, I can still change the volume through the Windows volume slider.

I'm running Vista with SP1.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #184 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by umbalito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ thanks man.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

downloaded wasapi.dll, dropped it in the components folder, checked the components node in the Foobar preferences and it shows wasapi output support, ver 1.2

I'm running a Dared MP5 dac/amp through USB - it shows up as a "Burr-Brown Japan PC2702" - so I select "Wasapi: Speakers (Burr-Brown Japan PC2702)" as the output device in Foobar. It is also already the default Audio device in Windows. 16 bit and 800ms buffer.

However, I can still change the volume through the Windows volume slider.

I'm running Vista with SP1.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

My volume slider works, if it sounds good then I would not worry about it.
wink.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #185 of 251
Dunno, perhaps it depends which media-player you use? I'm using foobar2000, with which the dB-setting works...although it is always 0.

Apr 11, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #188 of 251
Quick update: ECS Motherboard A780GM-A - Bit-perfect through onboard?
So far, no luck with this new mainboard.

For starters, the ONLY output I have for digital audio is via the HDMI connector (there is a header for optical/coax, but I don't have the connector yet)
When I try kernel streaming through foobar, I get an error message.
Haven't yet tried Asio or Wasapi

Promising lead? When I set the onboard soundchip to "output 2" I didn't get the error in Foobar - this is presumably the output where I just have the header on the mainboard right now...
But does this make sense? Why would I get bit-perfect through one type of digital output - the header to optical/coax on the mainboard - but not through the other type of digital connector, the audio path on the hdmi?
Still confused.

I would be pursuing other efforts to get the audio squared away, but I'm also having an issue with the Integrated graphics cutting out my video. Maybe I should try a replacement board, or start with another board altogeher....

Ideas welcome...

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #192 of 251
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MPC ffdshow ???????

I would like to use VAC/ASIO4ALL or JackRouter to output in DirectSound/Waveout from Media Player Classic and then get it bitperfect somehow(ASIO/KS)...possible
confused.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #193 of 251
Thanks for this thread blueyez. Had no idea why ASIO wasn't working before; I forgot to select the output method in the drop-down menu /facepalm. I got it working but it would skip once or twice every minute, couldn't figure out why so I switched to WASAPI and it works beautifully. Mmmm, dynamics.
biggrin.gif
Usin Windows 7 RC1. Volume control still works but I can live with that since I don't have a DAC to output S/PDIF to, yet.

Thanks again!
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #195 of 251
Let me add to this thread that WASAPI works best with the lowest buffer setting 100ms in foobar for me. no lags now and I hear no degradation of sound. Maybe if any, placebo tells me the sound is faster/more effortless
biggrin.gif

Thanks for this thread olblueyez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back