E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Feb 16, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,171 of 1,483
Yes sorry , it was aimed at you. I messed up the part-quote somehow.
If there is a possiblity to get better usb sound quality through some simple gadgets, I'm all for it. I've see pictures of guys using ifi usb noise suppressors and 2 of those large ferret magnets.
Does that actually increase quality or is it mostly unneccesary klutzy weight?
I have some old Ferrits, but the ifi is too expensive for a questionable improvement.

Shouldnt' there be very low noise and distortion on purely battery powered systems anyway , vs a wall plugged (interferences ?) Desktop amp
Yes they are mostly IMHO "unnecessary klutzy weight" In my experience if there is any interference you will certainly hear it in the output very quickly. All devices generate noise whether they are battery powered or not, it really down to how well those devices isolate their outputs from noise and how good their RF screening is.

I think for 90% of the devices out there you have nothing to worry about.

Feb 17, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #1,172 of 1,483
When I listen to music on the go I turn on airplane mode. Either enjoy your music to the full or make do with a little interference.

You can't dance at two weddings at the same time. German saying.

Best of luck!

Feb 18, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #1,173 of 1,483

Attachments

• P2180521.JPG
    P2180521.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #1,174 of 1,483
Maybe someone can help me. I use 99% IEMs. Some are ultra sensitive. I am interested in the E1DA stuff because its measurements are insanely good.. and ultra low Output Impedance. My issue is I do not know which model I should look to get. I would be using this on a desktop PC most of the time, so portable doesn't matter toooo much. I want the best performance but I don't think I need massive power since.. IEMs.

Help!

Feb 19, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #1,175 of 1,483
Maybe someone can help me. I use 99% IEMs. Some are ultra sensitive. I am interested in the E1DA stuff because its measurements are insanely good.. and ultra low Output Impedance. My issue is I do not know which model I should look to get. I would be using this on a desktop PC most of the time, so portable doesn't matter toooo much. I want the best performance but I don't think I need massive power since.. IEMs.

Help!
9038S or 9038D your choice on whether you want a single ended or balanced connection, I don't think there is much difference performance-wise between them.

Feb 19, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #1,177 of 1,483
OK I prefer balanced because I have the cables. I do have very sensitive IEMs however. Maybe the 9038S gen 3 susumu edition?
That's the one I bought, you will not be disappointed, mine pairs exceptionally with most IEM's and Headphones I've tried, especially the Westone W80 I've never heard the W80 sound so nice.

Feb 23, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #1,179 of 1,483
My E1DA gen3 susumu make "pop" noise when I paused/not listening a song. How to eliminate that noise? Thanks
That might be the device entering standby mode to save power. I don't get a pop though but a noise kind of like breeze on a microphone.

Anyway download the tweek app and in settings turnoff the standby option, see if the noise goes away.

Feb 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #1,181 of 1,483
On AliExpress they sell the unbalanced dongle w/o, with USB C cable and USB C "OTG" cable. What's the difference between the two cables? I thought USB C is always the same and the phone supports OTG or not. Thanks for your comments.

Feb 24, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #1,182 of 1,483
On AliExpress they sell the unbalanced dongle w/o, with USB C cable and USB C "OTG" cable. What's the difference between the two cables? I thought USB C is always the same and the phone supports OTG or not. Thanks for your comments.
Probably just different sellers describing things differently? I've also read that all USB C -> USB C cables are OTG, problems with OTG usually occur when one end is micro USB.

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #1,183 of 1,483
Probably just different sellers describing things differently? I've also read that all USB C -> USB C cables are OTG, problems with OTG usually occur when one end is micro USB.
No, the same seller bundles two "different" cables, one OTG and one not. Strange. I'll ask the seller.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #1,184 of 1,483
Hi folks,
I would like to change my Shanling M0 for the E1DA ballanced, but I have one need - NOS (Super-Slow) filter. Does the E1DA have this option in app?
(I'm sensitive to Post Echo which bothers me and the NOS is the only filter without echo I know.)
Thank you very much.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #1,185 of 1,483
Hi folks,
I would like to change my Shanling M0 for the E1DA ballanced, but I have one need - NOS (Super-Slow) filter. Does the E1DA have this option in app?
(I'm sensitive to Post Echo which bothers me and the NOS is the only filter without echo I know.)

The default is Linear Phase Slow. ESS Sabre DAC does not have superslow/NOS option. So impossible to do that exactly. 'Slow' is closest thing :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back