E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Apr 2, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #1,203 of 1,481
Could you please measure the gap between the two USB jacks i.e. the space for the phone? Would be great if I could use it with the protective jacket of my Xiaomi Redmi phone. I mean this J-adapter:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001476774066.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.4d383c00Gzl1Nd&mp=1

The seller just told me the distance/gap is 8 mm. Is this the space for the phone or the space between the connectors? Thanks.
Just got the cable and 9038D to verify it's 8 mm from the inner limit of the USB-C connector to the inner limit of the section that connects to a device. Also consider the 9038D will cut into that a little since it isn't flush with the j-cable. With the E1DA logo facing away from the phone this gap is reduced by 3mm (to 5mm), with the logo facing towards the phone the gap is reduced by 1mm (to 7mm). Also, I am noticing that TRRS plugs need to be slightly loose for the sound to work with my 9038D, not sure what that's about. I ordered a TRRS female to TRS male adapter to see if that takes care of the problem, but normally I can connect my TRRS headphones to a TRS/headphone jack without any issues.

Apr 3, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #1,204 of 1,481
Also, I am noticing that TRRS plugs need to be slightly loose for the sound to work with my 9038D, not sure what that's about. I ordered a TRRS female to TRS male adapter to see if that takes care of the problem, but normally I can connect my TRRS headphones to a TRS/headphone jack without any issues.
Thanks a lot. What's TRRS/TRS?

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #1,205 of 1,481
Thanks a lot. What's TRRS/TRS?
It stands for Tip, Ring, Sleeve or in the case of TRRS Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve.
The first one is for 'unbalanced' cables and has three connections, which means that the left and right channels share a common earth or ground connection. In TRRS, there are four conductors, so each channel has its own, independent + and - signal, generally considered to cut down on crosstalk (interference between one channel and the other) as well as allowing balanced amplifies to deliver higher voltage to each channel.
Cables with microphones in also have 4 connectors but they are not to be confused with balanced (TRRS) cables with no microphone.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #1,206 of 1,481
It stands for Tip, Ring, Sleeve or in the case of TRRS Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve.
The first one is for 'unbalanced' cables and has three connections, which means that the left and right channels share a common earth or ground connection. In TRRS, there are four conductors, so each channel has its own, independent + and - signal, generally considered to cut down on crosstalk (interference between one channel and the other) as well as allowing balanced amplifies to deliver higher voltage to each channel.
Cables with microphones in also have 4 connectors but they are not to be confused with balanced (TRRS) cables with no microphone.
So when I only use normal three connector mini plugs I should be OK? Guess so ...

Apr 4, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #1,208 of 1,481
So when I only use normal three connector mini plugs I should be OK? Guess so ...
For the 9038D-yes. For the 9038S definitely not

Apr 18, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #1,210 of 1,481
The 9038 will drive anything AFAIK. Don't worry.

Apr 24, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,211 of 1,481
Just want to share my experience using E1DA 9038S G3 with iPhone X and the cable I found working.

After trying out a few different USB C to lighting cables and none work with iPhone and E1DA. I had tried "mytysun USB C to Lightning Cable Short MFi" and "Anker iPhone 12 Charger Cable, USB C to Lightning Cable [3Ft Apple MFi Certified] Powerline II" and with a Apple official lighting to USB A charging cable + USB A to USB C cable.

I decided to use the Meenova Lighting to micro USB cable that I used with my Chord Mojo, and with an Anker USB C to micro USB adapter and viola! The orange lights starts flashing and it works!

Very happy with it, would probably prefer it over Mojo for portable reason and the balanced connection! Thanks to this forum!

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #1,214 of 1,481
I have the 9038D. Love it btw. I have the Tweak app, paid version but need to know how I can change filters or clock rate on my Windows 10 laptop. Is there a way to do this?
You can change the filter using the flashable firmware, I am not sure about the clock.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,215 of 1,481
You can change the filter using the flashable firmware, I am not sure about the clock.
or you can connect it to your android , choose the filter you want via app. then disconnect it and reconnect to your PC.
no need to change the filter via firmware on the PC since filter settings are saved inside the dongle memory its self. so better do it in the android app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back